37.

Penelope.

"Jesus Christ." Harry grumbled into the skin of my chest when my phone buzzed once more. It had snapped me out of my sleep a few seconds before him, but I knew he had heard it too once he was stirring.

He sighed against me, moving his head a little bit until he found comfort in the crook of my neck and pressed a small kiss to the skin. I yawned widely, rubbing my eye as I blindly reached for my buzzing phone.

"Turn it off." Harry whined in a low voice and I hummed, still half asleep as I peered at the screen that was much too bright. It took me a few seconds to register the name, until I saw that it was Patrick calling me.

"It's Patrick." I sighed, turning the buzzing off so my phone was on silent. Harry stiffened against me, his thumb no longer rubbing circles into my other shoulder as he lifted his head, "Are you serious?"

"Mhm." I mumbled with eyes closed, ready to fall back asleep. I didn't really notice when Harry reached for my phone and unlocked my screen. He knew my code by now, which was fine by me. I didn't have anything to hide from him and he didn't use that knowledge to control my every move or go through my texts.

"Penelope... These are bad." He commented and I opened my eyes again to see him frowning at my screen.

I sighed as I rolled on my side, hugging his arm as I had trouble keeping my eyes open, "What's he saying this time?"

"I think he's blind drunk, so I have to decipher it a little." Harry muttered and I nodded, "Yeah, it's been like that all week. Marion mentioned that he's been drinking."

"Marion?"

My eyes opened for real this time as I nibbled on my lip, "Um, Patrick's mom came to see me on Saturday after I picked my car up from Sammy's."

Harry looked at me with wide eyes. There was worry, but also a good portion of anger in them as he glared at me, "She did what?!"

"Harry..." I sighed, "It's fine. She just wanted to talk, she was crying. I told her off, she didn't come in or anything."

"You should've told me."

"I know."

"I mean it, Penelope." He sternly added and I felt scolded like a toddler as I rolled my eyes, "Sorry, dad."

He raised his brows, but the severity in his eyes didn't falter, "It's either Harry or daddy to you."

I gasped as I slapped his shoulder, causing him to let out a laugh as my cheeks flushed a bright pink, "I will never call you daddy." I held up my finger as I promised it, trying to sound as convincing and deliberate as I could. Harry just hummed and nodded, "Sure."

His smile faltered as he continued reading through the messages, "These are all from this week? There's like... a hundred."

"Yes." I breathed, relaxing back into him. I had been having so much trouble sleeping this entire week, but with Harry next to me it seemed like the most evident thing in the world to fall asleep.

I didn't know why I had felt the need to avoid him this week. I truly was busy, but it was more than that. I didn't want to bother or annoy him, didn't want to put more stuff on his plate while he already had a busy life for himself.

I guess it was a habit I had picked up from being with Patrick. I never could really go to him with any of my issues, and I hadn't realized that Harry was totally different from him in that sense. It had seemed to genuinely hurt him that I had been going through that stress and that he wasn't aware.

The massage had distracted me a little, but definitely not enough to make me forget about my upcoming hearing today. Even when he fingered me or when we had sex, I couldn't really seem to relax as my mind kept going into overdrive instead of giving into my body's evident wishes.