Chapter Sixteen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was how dry my throat was, my saliva wasn't even sticking to my mouth, it was like the Sahara desert. Then I felt my head, I winced and rolled over between the sheets. Realising that there was an absence of warmth from beside me.

My eyes crack open, looking around Weston's apartment and noticing that he wasn't beside me. The bed felt cold without him, lonely. My mouth falls into a frown, he always gives me a morning cuddle. No matter what.

I push my weak body up and against the headboard, rubbing my eyes frantically then instantly regretting it when my head starts to pound. I reach over to the bedside table to grab onto a cup of water, a packet of paracetamol next to the glass.

Instantly popping out two tablets and downing the contents of the water, in desperate need for my mouth to have some kind of wetness before I dry heaved. My stomach gargles from the sudden rush of liquids but I didn't care, I was severely dehydrated and I was in need.

My chest sighs heavily, eager for some form of attention. All I wanted was a nice hug, my hair stroked a couple times. But instead I was alone and feeling sad. Listening quietly as I could pick up the distant sound of the shower pattering against the bathroom floor.

After a few moments I find the strength to get out of bed and drag myself towards the bathroom, concerned as to why Weston wasn't in bed. My eyes take one glance at the clock and realising it was only eight o'clock, stupidly early.

I grab onto the door handle and push it open, thick steam etching out of the room and towards my face. My eyes find Weston as he stands with his back to me, under the rainfall shower head.

The heat of the room was enough to make me pass out but I refrain, wanting some kind of physical connection today. Even in a room that was over one hundred degrees.

Closing the door behind me quietly and shifting my clothes, the sound of the shower loud enough to disguise any other noise.

Once my boxers were off and I was completely naked, I take slow and steady steps towards the shower. Reaching my hand in to catch the strands of water before I move in behind Weston, pressing my fingers to the small of his back.

Weston jumps for a moment before I press my forehead to the middle of his spine. He drops his hands from his head, letting them fall to the side of his body.

"You're annoyed at me," I say loud enough to hear over the water.

Weston takes a step away from me and turns, looking down at my face. "How did you come to that conclusion?" He questions, his voice firm.

"Because you didn't give me a cuddle this morning," I say before chewing on my bottom lip, my stomach doing flips inside of me.

He moves closer to the shower head, water dripping from his hair, his nose, his lips. Annoyed that he looked so unbelievably sexy right now, even if he looked mad. His brows pulled down and his jaw locked.

"I don't like that face," I mumble out after a few moments.

I couldn't bear the silent treatment, especially feeling this fragile.

"I don't like that you could have got seriously hurt last night," Weston comments as he holds his arms over his chest, showing that he meant business.

My lips continue to frown, slowly nodding. "I know," I breathe out. "I was being stupid, I wasn't thinking. But they started hitting Abel, you expect me to just run and abandon him?"