Chapter 41

MUKTA

The rickshaw driver, stopped the auto just outside the huge building and I kept blinking trying to see a huge board 'Pattys'. It was a multistorey building inside a all green independent compound. It didn't give the typical CMM level organization setup like Nayak's was. Ofcourse Nayak's were into multiple businesses. However the cute green pink logo written Patty's brought a smile on my lips. Someday I aspire to have something like this in the memory of Baba. I smiled.

I paid money to the auto driver and stepped out only to find Mr Nayak's wingman Ahmed Bhai waiting for me right there. I rolled my eyes. He is my bodyguard. I have tried to do everything to be away this 6 ft tall 100kg man!!! But no he follows everywhere! And if I say no he says 'Sorry Mam Boss's order!!!' and I groan. He desperately wanted me to take the luxury car Mr Nayak left there for me but I didn't want to take any favours from him. Infact I even planned to ask Pattu to deduct a decent rent from my salary although the penthouse is something so lavish that it would practically eat up all my salary but then Pattu said 'Its the organization's accommodation for their official product developer and was signed and agreed upon by the board too!!!'. I was still hesitant because the package was huge and to add on this accomodation. It looked more like just because she knows me she is paying me extra and that is something I couldn't take. She can't create a special package and designation for me. I mean giving away a simple accomodation versus giving a lavish penthouse worth crores sounded so unprofessional to me. I am not even a experienced resource, of course I worked with Baba but I don't have a name in the market yet. When I kept arguing with Pattu she offered me something which sounded decent. She asked me to do a dual role in her organization. She asked me to be the product developer and also do a management role which involves me doing presentations and building my communication skillset too. She asked me if I could be the Personal Assistant to the CEO. I was initially skeptical but then it actually justified the package and this house too. But the luxury car isn't a part of the package so hell I'm not taking it.

I walked inside showing the hardcopy of the offer letter I received from Pattu yester night. In no time I was been took to their board room where I was briefed of my job responsibilities. I was happy I was been treated like any other normal employee. I would be on a 90 days probation period post which they would decide if I would work here as a permanent employee. My roles and responsibilities were explained to me by the HR but for further detailing she asked me to work with the teams I would work in.

I was told I would work with the development team and I was introduced to a bunch of folks amongst whom Poonam became a good friend of mine. She was sweet and extremely talkative, reminding me of Pattu always but then she was very sharp at the lab work too. We started discussing the existing products and I started giving my opinions about it.

I was in the meantime asked to meet the CEO. Poonam whispered me in my ears before going...
'Girl listen... he's too hot...I don't know how will you work...I mean he's enough to melt you down with his hotness...and he's'

Before she could continue I said at once...
'I am not interested Poonam. I am here to do my work. I don't care even if your CEO looks like a Can Yaman or even a Michelle Morraine okay???' and she showed me all her 32 and said...
'We will see' and I rolled my eyes.

I took a small note book and went to the lab where I was told Mr CEO is looking into the making of new products. I was impressed knowing being a CEO he took personal interest in smallest of things. Omkar was also like that....

Stop Mukku!!!
Why are you thinking about him!!!
Will he be ok???
Why do you care Mukku? Stop thinking about him. I closed my eyes at once and suddenly all the kisses he showered upon me in his ambulance came infront of my eyes and my body felt the goosebumps. I was missing him so badly that I could actually even recall his musk fragrance so well. It's like it's still hitting my nose.