05.

Emotions manifest in different ways, sometimes we don't know our capabilities to feel until we let our emotions out.

|÷|÷|

Carter Defray Lynn.

It should be said that I hate fighting especially when it can be avoided, with my husband I usually talk it out then he makes love to me in the most deliciously delirious of ways until all I do is thank him thoroughly for taking me beyond subspace, how I miss him now, but not to dwell on that whilst I was about to be dragged off to the pack house or wherever the alpha had summoned me to, I really needed a way out. "This doesn't have to get ugly." I called out as all three men bulking in muscle stopped and snickered. "I mean look at me, I'm practically defenceless, and in heels, come on." I tried to wear them down but their emotions were set in stone, they had been instructed to take me either willingly or with force if necessary. "I can also do ugly." I mumbled with eyes flashing canary yellow, kicking the first wolf to my right, breaking his leg, had the other two lunging to hold me down.

I threw my bag to the one in the middle, whilst he was catching it I punched the one to my left, swiped him off his feet and knocked him out with a kick to the head, the one in the middle punched my ribs but all he got is a groan, Lincoln and my mate punched way harder than that, I ducked another punch and landed an upper cut which disoriented him, I rushed after him leapt up to his neck and used my legs to flip him down to the ground, he struggled in my headlock, as I snapped his neck, the first wolf whose leg I had broken was now up and stalking toward me. "Do we really have to do this?" I asked standing up and dusting myself off. "You just killed one of my friends and knocked out the other one, we are doing this." He growled out and I knew he was serious, all his anger was directed at me and it was suffocating me.

"Firstly, you attacked me, I'm pretty sure if you had asked your friend what he was actually ordered to do, you wouldn't want to fight." I replied the man as he lunged for me, I veered right grabbed his arm and flipped him to the ground, I may look dainty but I was definitely stronger and I could fight even better, with the arm still in my grip, I pulled on it and used my leg to break it eliciting a wail of pain. "Fuck!" He hissed as I placed my heel on his throat. "Your alpha or whoever sent you, sent your buddy over there to drug me, for reasons unknown, and reading from your confusion and surprise I'd say you didn't know, therefore you're useless, tell your alpha—" I pressed down harder on his throat choking him as he clawed at my leg. "I don't want him chasing me, I'm only here for the time I'm allowed to be here, if he wants to talk, let him find me, and we'll talk like civilized people." I asserted knocking him out afterward, at least my uber was now here, and my clothes were still intact, so I walked toward the car, picked up my bag and smiled at the driver.

"Shopping district." I muttered as I found wipes in my bag and used them to clean away the slight dirt I had gotten on my pants, there was definitely no way I was going to the library today with how much of a mess I was, along with the wolves tracking me, it was better I cut off their trail and pick up from where I left tomorrow. The car ride wasn't long as I found myself paying the driver and getting off in the shopping district of Kholis bay, things had changed, the place looked more mordern and there was an even wider range of stores to choose from, being in a neutral part of the bay didn't trigger any memories, so it was a welcomed reprieve.

One by one I went through stores buying stuff I needed, it gave my mind much needed therapy and a way to formulate a plan of action, I had my potential killers on hand but how do I flush out the real murderer, it could be any of them, also the mystery about the missing children, what did it have to do with me, Sterling was right to be suspicious but what proof was there to ground suspicion. "Hmm, it suits you." That voice it was familiar, I turned around by the walkway to see Enzo's father, I wondered what he wanted. "Spare me the chit chat and your best line to break the ice and tell me what you want?" I asked with a smile and his emotions were hard to read because of how I'd acted, confusion, guilt, shame, rage, need, lust, envy, and anger all mixed making it hard to even try understand. "Straight forward and bitter, I don't blame you, this change it suits you, yet it was also caused by me, and I want to apologize for what I did—" He began and I completely lost interest, the balls he had to do what he did to me and have enough of a back bone to even try say he was sorry. "I don't need this." I mumbled walking away, he might be an alpha but he wasn't mine and I had no inclination to listen to him.

"Carter wait, listen to me boy—" He called out stretching out his hand to grab my arm, I harshly pulled back with a glare that warned him not to do it again. "What the hell do you want, haven't you done enough, leave me alone, I'm here for the month you graciously gave me, and when its over I will be gone, alright!" I yelled as I walked away but the man didn't take no for an answer. "Listen to me dammit, your life is in danger, the same people who killed your grandmother, want you dead aswell, I may have wronged you and I regret my actions, because of that I can't let you die." He pleased completely shocking me and what stunned me the most was that even in all my anger and the need to get away from the wolf who was evil incarnate, I could tell he was  telling the truth which terrified me.

"I'm not playing your games this time alpha Harrison, you've already toyed with my life once, not again and not anymore, so let go—" I asserted jerking my arm away from his grip. "And leave me alone, who  knows what crime I will commit to your pack when you're close to me." I snapped back and guilt hit me like a mack truck, but instead of wanting to find out why, my anger led me to hail a cab and get away from him. "Please listen Carter, meet me at the docks in the morning at five, I will explain everything there." He begged but I half listened, opened the cab door and got in. I gave him the address and he stepped on it leaving alpha Harrison behind, luckily most of the stores I had bought from had somewhat a delivery service so I would get my stuff at home, no need for bags, which was good because I didn't need them to slow me down I stormed away.

This was all getting way to much for me to handle, I needed to regroup, deal with one thing at a time because everything is hitting me at the same time, all I knew for certain was that even though alpha Harrison was saying the truth his words could be true and also interpreted differently, he knew the people who wanted me dead, what if it was him who had killed my gran and he wanted to do the same to me, Kholis bay was definitely weighing down on me now, all I wanted was to breathe, talk to my husband and kids then rest, if anyone could put things into perspective it was commander Dwayne Jamal Lynn, my husband, a chuckle escaped my lips as I thought about how he hated being called retired, he was still serving, just in a different way, according to him. This was also a truth I didn't want anyone to ever know, everyone still assumed Enzo and I were mates but truth is our bond had been broken, I had healed and happily moved on to be with a man who treated me like the world didnt revolve if I wasn't by his side, its why I wanted to get justice and leave, he was waiting for me to come back, and I gladly would.

+++

lmj