~ 9 ~

“So,” Jacob sat all weird, it’s been a while since he came to Charlie’s place since Bella’s ‘death’ and he didn’t know how to react. The house looked different, especially Bella’s room, it was like looking through a teenage girl's tumblr page, “Aurora right?” He didn’t know what to say to the girl, though he did take his time taking in her appearance, long ginger hair, soft pale skin, and bright blue doe eyes. She was breathtaking in his opinion.

“Yes,” Aurora stared at him, she didn’t like the look of him, muscular and tan. Those were usually popular girls' boyfriends and they participated in bullying her every chance they got, but for her Papa’s sake she’ll try to get along with him.

“So how old are you?” A stupid question, he knew how old the girl was, she was the same age as him, sixteen, but she appeared to have the mind of an six year old.

“Sixteen.” She smiled, her pale pink lips stretching and nearly giving Jacob a heart attack, if he couldn’t have Bella than he was for sure going to go for her.

“Me too,” He smiled also, feeling a little shy, the only girl he really had experience talking to was Leah and Bella, Leah was so stubborn that it was more like talking to a wall than a person and Bella barely spoke to him anyways and completely stopped once she became a vampire.

“Jacob, you’ll show Aurora around the reservation later won’t you?” Charlie joined in, there would be times where he couldn’t stay home with Aurora and instead of her being alone inside the house he decided to speak with Billy about the girl staying with him while he’s at work.

“Of course!” Jacob perked up, he would gladly show the beauty around the reservation, though he would be lying if he were to say he was scared she’ll become the imprint of one of his ‘friends,’ he doesn’t think he can handle losing another girl he’s attracted to.

“Reservation?” Aurora perked up, she never heard of such a thing before.

“Yeah, there's a beach and everything, just like Forks but more open.” Billy chuckled, he liked the girl, a total upgrade from Bella, the girl turned out to be something much more different from when she was younger.

“A beach?” She had never been there, it sounded weird like she was cursing almost, but she felt some sort of excitement from the name, she guessed she read about it before.

“Yeah! When it gets warmer you’ll be able to swim there.” Charlie smiled, though a frown crossed over his face as he thought of all the boys staring at his little girl while she was splashing around in the water. He didn’t like that. One daughter got a boyfriend and ended up six feet deep. He wouldn’t be able to handle another one going down there unless it was for natural reasons.

“I’ve swimmed before, but I’m not very good!” Aurora was excited now, she never got a chance to swim anywhere but in a pool, and there were people around that wanted to harm her for entertainment purposes.

“Well luckily it’s April which means the Reservation is gonna get warm soon.” Billy added in, the girl was an Angel, he’ll be sure to inform the other boys to watch over the girl very carefully, he had a sick feeling that Bella would do something given the chance. The girl has become spiteful and he can’t help but think where did it all go wrong, she was such a sweet young girl.

“Oooh, Papa you’ll swim with me!” Aurora bounced in her seat excitedly, and Charlie was glad he bought new couches because his old ones would’ve given out underneath her.

“Yeah,” He spoke, but his thoughts said no, he was far too old to be splashing around in the water but didn’t have the heart to tell the girl otherwise, he’ll do it this time around, but only to get the girl more comfortable.