No Way Out

"Really?" Sam asked. "You want out. Today?"

But he didn't ask it in the tone I had expected.

It wasn't a hopeful tone of one of 'finally, I've only been saying this for months'. It was skeptical. He looked at me with eyebrows raised and crossed his arms.

"I mean, yea-?" I responded.

"Why?" He asked, almost interrupting me. He looked at me, more specifically directly in my eyes, as if trying to see if I had a motive. He was skeptical. Of what I didn't know. I should play it safe just in case, but I'm light of all

"What the fuck do you mean why?" I asked. "This place is a glorified torture chamber and if I have to hear Quackity ask me one more time where that stupid book is, I'm gonna lose it."

"Uh-huh." Sam said, with a tone that was evident with 'I don't believe a word coming out of your mouth'. "It didn't seem to bother you before."

"What the hell do you mean by that?! Of course it did. But I was staying in here for my own sake. For everyone out there's sake." I said. "But then I realized that was all bullshit. Dream can't do anything to me. Not as long as he's in here, and I'm out there. By the way, some warden you are letting Dream in here. But I know he's never getting out, so..."

"What?! What do you mean Dream was in here?" Sam asked.

"Oh yea, just walked in. About a couple weeks back. Don't worry, all he wanted to do was make even more of a joke out of my situation." I responded.

"You should've told me this sooner, Y/N." Sam said, he sighed, and turned away. "I'll have to see about your release."

"What the hell do you mean 'I'll have to see'?" I asked. "You are the head warden of this prison, other than BadBoyHalo, who if I have to see him again after what he did, he won't live to see the next sunrise."

"Yea. That mentality right there is why I have to see." Sam said.

"What men- I'm not fucking crazy Sam. But if I have to stay in here, that could change. And trust me, no one wants that." I said. "You're the one who two minutes ago was all 'you know you can leave whenever'. Where did that mentality go?"

Sam didn't speak, and instead stepped onto the platform that hung above the massive pit of lava.

"I just find it odd that you want out the same day your brother escaped." Sam said.

My brother was in the prison?

Is that why Quackity didn't show up today?

"You two together has proven to cause a great deal of damage. It's best you stay here for a while." Sam said. There was a hint of pity in his voice. We were friends before all this.

At least I thought so.

"I haven't done anything wrong Sam." I said. He turned back, almost surprised.

"That simply isn't true, Y/N." He said, before the platform beneath him started to move away.

"Sam wait!" I yelled after him. But he didn't turn back. "I have one life left and you're going to make me waste it away here?! Come back!"

I watched helplessly as lava once again covered the cell entrance.

That's it then?

I'm stuck here.

A/N

Hello everyone. Sorry about the shorter chapter. I'm trying to figure out a way to transition to more recent events and (spoilers) the prison break, and I didn't want to go without a chapter for so long.

So please leave me suggestions on how you think y/n should escape/get out of the prison.

Also just a reminder that I have two other DSMP books :)