Chapter 106 - The Morning After

It is now the morning after Lena's birthday, and just on the outskirts of National City Sam is waking up in bed with an absolutely massive headache. Sam doesn't remember much about last night, other than they all went out for Lena's birthday, and she drank A LOT of alcohol.

"Ughhggmmm..." Sam groans, as she begins to wake up, with the light of the day hitting her.

Alex laughs.

"I see someone is finally waking up." Alex chuckles.

Sam groans again.

Sam continues to wake up and tries to open her eyes, but as soon as she sees the light it doesn't do her head any good, so she closes them again.

"I want.... to die." Sam moans.

Alex laughs again.

"That's what happens when you drink as much as you did." Alex says, in a very smug voice.

"Never again." Sam moans.

Alex laughs once more.

"That's what they all say. I've even said the exact same thing before, but we never learn." Alex says, with a smile on her face, now taking a seat next to her girlfriend on the bed.

Sam groans again, burying her head in her pillow.

"What time is it?" Sam asks, after a few moments silence.

"It's just before 10." Alex replies.

Sam quickly moves in bed, and then turns to look at Alex, surprised by the time.

"Are Ruby and Alura okay?" Sam asks, now going into mom mode, despite how bad her head is hurting.

"They are fine." Alex smiles, placing a caring hand on Sam's side, "They both woke up about an hour ago. I went downstairs with them and made them some breakfast. They are both currently watching some TV downstairs."

"Hmmm... thank you." Sam says, turning back to bury her head into her pillow once more.

Alex chuckles again.

"Do you want me to bring you up a glass of water? And maybe some painkillers?" Alex asks.

"Yes. Please." Sam says.

"Okay. I'll be back with your water and painkillers in a few minutes." Alex says, and then stands up from the bed.

"Thank you. Love you." Sam says, muffled through the pillow.

"I love you too." Alex replies, happily.

Alex makes her way out of the bedroom and back downstairs where Ruby and Alura are still happily sitting watching something on TV.

"You girls both still doing okay?" Alex asks, with a smile, noticing the two girls sitting close next to each other.

"Yes." Alura nods, happily.

"Yeah." Ruby says, "Is mom awake yet?"

"Yes, she is. But she has got a headache from all the alcohol she drank last night, so I am just getting her a nice glass of water and some painkillers." Alex says.

"Oh..." Ruby replies, "I don't understand why adults drink so much alcohol, when it makes them wake up like that."

Alex chuckles.

"You'll probably understand when you are older, when you start to drink alcohol." Alex explains.

Alex makes her way into the kitchen and fills up a nice refreshing glass of water, before then grabbing two painkillers and heads back upstairs. As soon as Alex steps back into the bedroom, she sees that Sam has fallen back to sleep again. Alex thinks about letting Sam sleep, and just leaving the painkillers on the bedside table, but Alex thinks that Sam probably does need to drink some water, otherwise she'll likely wake up again with an even worse headache.