Chapter 23

*****Dom's Pov*****

"I don't see why that's an issue, if you want to be with me and I want to be with you, why couldn't we just burn the world down and be together, If you truly wanted to be with me you'd risk it all, no questions asked.
I don't get why you're so scared all the time, live a little."
My look steel, so she knows to stop toying with me. I want to be a family, one of these days she's going to have to learn the lesson of not fucking me around.

I can't keep being soft around her, I've never allowed this behaviour nor ran after someone the way I do with her and I'm making myself sick, seeing how pathetic I act around her.

She pouts, her brows frowning as she gets in the car and buckles up, sulking. Banging the car door closed.

"You know I don't see the point of going with you, when I brought my own car." She folds her arms, huffing in frustration.

I must admit it's kinda entertaining, knowing I get under her skin as much as she does mine.

If I grey early it's clearly because of her at this rate.

"Can we just be together in this moment? I'll have your car brought to you. Quit ruining your time with me." And I will. Either I'll bring it myself or pay a tow company either way she'll have it back and honestly I wish she'd just live in the moment with me for a change. It's always so stressful because we constantly fighting about one thing or another.

"I've been meaning to mention that I'd like to meet Christian officially and I'd like him to have my last name." I finally start the car and head the opposite direction of her home.

"Are you serious? It's too early Dominic, he's not ready to comprehend that, it needs to be introduced in stages to see how Christian will get along with you before springing news like that and why? I'm his mother and I'm a Cohen, he doesn't need to have your last name" she's clearly pissed off now but there's a reason I started the hard talk during a moving car, there's no place she can go but talk this out with me.

"It's never too early Mia, you hid him from me. I would've been in his life from the day he was born but you didn't give either of us a chance so I think the day of you calling the shots end today. I think I've been too soft with you , that you seem to misunderstand who you're fucking with. I don't like repeating myself, yet time and time again you make me do just that. Now I've shown you my nice side, I'd hate for you to see what evil I bare." I threaten her. I guess I am a psychopath but honestly what can anyone expect. What are you willing to do for you and yours?

Now times that by 10 and that's how far I'm willing to go for mine.

Mia doesn't budge at all, as if she thinks I'm kidding.

"You don't scare me Dominic Romero." She says with sarcasm filled in her tone.

"You should be Mia, you should be very scared."

"I'm shivering in my boots sir Dominic, oh no, please don't hurt me. Shut the fuck up Dominic. I don't think you'd ever lay a hand on me"

"That's where you're mistaken, don't misinterpret my respect for you as my sons mother as permission to disrespect my authority here Mia. I'd hate to take that free will away from you. Like I said Christian will be on my family name and no it's not a ego thing but it will open doors for him and his future, with studies, police, everything and I'd like my son to have the advantage out of life, if it's given.

Now I was willing to have you both have my last name but you've made it clear that you don't want me, yet you don't want anyone else to have me? Humph" I can't help but smirk at the irony.