fifteen

a few weeks later

peter was doing better than he could ever say he had been. physically, mentally and somewhat emotionally. he was still working through the process of aunt may's death, recovering from top surgery and holding up a relationship and city at the same time. he had been massively excelling in his classes and after a few weeks of recovery was allowed some physical training. mr. stark had been extra busy recently for some reason and was leaving peter out of the loop, to be fair however, it wasn't much his business to begin with. he knew it had something to do however with dr. strange being over more often. the sky in new york had been darker and peter could tell something was wrong. he had been sitting in the dining area when an exasperated tony, bruce and steve walked in, talking over each other with borderline an argument tone.

"i don't know what you want me to do, steve! i can't just snap my fingers and everything be okay!" tony yelled, no one of them had noticed the teenager who was quietly eating the soup wanda had made for dinner.

"i don't expect you to tony, but you have to have some idea of what's going on." steve replied, calmer than stark had been.

"well i can't give you answers if i myself don't know what the fuck is going on. i wish i could tell you differently but i just can't."

"have you been checking the news? connected with quill or rocket or anyone? maybe this is beyond earth."

"oh, it's definitely beyond earth and i've been scanning every news channel, radio station, paper, magazine, website even buzzfeed article and i've found nothing, nada, zip, zero and zed."

"but have you contacted quill?"

"you think i want to willingly talk to that egotistic weirdo? absolutely not."

"i'm sending them a message, if you aren't going to figure this out, then i will do it on my own."

"be my guest, rogers."

they were locked eyes, looking like they were ready to brawl and take each other's eyes out. banner was stuck in the crossfire of their squabble and mouthed an apology to peter who nodded solemnly, keeping his eyes down to not meet the anger of tony stark's rampage.

"tony, there's a point where you have to break down yourself and recognize the help that is around you. you can't solve everything. especially if it's some weird inter dimensional issue that we know frighteningly little about." bruce mumbled, his attempt to diffuse tony who looked like he could be spouting steam from his ears.

"and i have been! have you not seen strange walking around here with his,
weird, little animated cape thingy like 'ooh the council can figure it out, i just need more time' like yeah doc we get it time is of the essence but i can't light a fire under his ass to get shit done now can i?"

"you're getting yourself on some thin ice tony, maybe try toning it down a notch would you? we wouldn't want to start anything now would we?" steve threatened, balling his fist at his side. tony chuckled dryly and pushed his glasses up in his face.

"try me, rogers."

peter left his bowl where it was and slid out of his chair, tip toeing away from the situation as quietly as he could but he was promptly stopped by stark.

"kid," peter whipped around and stood up straight, "you say any of this to anyone and i promise you that suit is mine." stark's voice was filled with poison, peter swallowed a thick lump in his throat and nodded fiercely, he was scared for the first time of tony stark in a very long time.

"yes sir, thank you." peter replied before scurrying down the hall back to his room. he flopped down on his bed and shot a web at the handle on his door connecting it to the adjacent wall, no one was coming in, especially not tony.

"friday, any important chatter on the police scanners that need me?" peter mumbled, activating his suit which flashed across his skin.

"hm, seems like there's a disturbance in manhattan, multiple officers called to the scene." friday's robotic voice answered.

"thanks friday, i'll see you later. OH! and please don't tell stark i'm gone?"

"sure, be safe."

peter opened his window and jumped out, shooting a web at a building and swinging through the sky. he had the scanner pulled up in his mask's computer vision.

"All units report to east houston for a few calls about robotic spiders?"

"is that right?"

"another alien attack? where the hell are the avengers when you need em?"

thankfully peter hadn't been awfully far from east houston and quickly propped himself up on a bridge to observe the scene and sure enough yeah, a
car parked on the side of the street was in flames, the road was ruined and people were running away from the area. police had set themselves up to secure the scene but how were they supposed to? peter couldn't rightly tell what they were or where they came from himself. he sprung into action, shooting thick webs at each of the small robots, attempting to stick them to the ground, a few of them were well stuck but others broke free and opened fire on peter. he broke the ones he had stuck to the pavement and turned his attention to the remaining two. he was able to cover one completely in a web before stomping on it and then webbed the legs of the last one, he wanted to take it with him. it was technology peter hadn't really seen before, he wasn't sure what the metal used was or how they somehow looked slightly fleshy in some areas.

"spiderman!" one of the officers called, peter set down the spider-thing and nodded, jogging over to him.

"yes sir?" peter answered.

"any idea what the hell those are?"

"no sir, i can't say that i do, but i'll have them back to stark industries for an analysis."

"listen something just hasn't been right in this area for a while, if you can get down to it, please. we'd be very thankful."

"well, i gotta keep up the friendly neighborhood spiderman thing, don't i?"

"thanks again, spiderman!" the officer finished as peter began his hike back to the avenger's tower. he scurried in through his window, still gripping the spider like thing under his arm, swung open his door and took the elevator down to the level that stark's office was on. bruce, steve and tony were still arguing in the glass room when peter swung open the door and dropped the robot down on the table. the three were quiet, peter flung his arms to his sides, curtseyed and left.

✰✰✰
yall wanted an update, heres an update. have fun little kiddoes:) also i did get top surgery like five weeks ago, and i know im bad at updating this but it needed a little spice. im taking this in my own direction. my own villian, nothing to do with anything canoncial so if that bothers you you may not want to be here. were here for badass villian women now folks👏 so we should get used to that. sorry but this is my time to shine. ferb, i know what were gonna do today!