Chapter 26: What A Mess

Lizzie and I stay in the sunflower field for a while longer before we decide to go home. We took some cute photos, finished our food and watched the clouds pass by as we lay next to each other holding hands.

It was a nice afternoon but we decided to end it so that we can go back home and get dinner. Lizzie also needs to cut her activity down so that she can get her cast off sooner.

I pack everything into the car and observe Lizzie who is staring into the distance looking perfect in every way. The sun is bouncing off her face making her eyes glow emerald green, one of my favourite colours.

I walk up behind her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"You ready to go now?" I ask and she nods, so we make our way into the car.

Lizzie rests her eyes on the way back to the farm while I drive playing soft music in the background. I am beginning to find out that she likes to sleep a lot as she is always resting whenever she can. Maybe that's why she never has bags (dark spots) under her eyes.

We arrive at the farm and the feeling of the car stopping wakes her up. I look over at her and smile at her confused expression waking up.

"Hi!" She greets with a smile.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Have a good rest?" I ask and she nods.

"The best."

Lizzie and I make our way inside and I unpack our stuff, throwing the blanket we used in the washing machine. I stand up and feel someone's hand grab my waist as their chin rests on my shoulder.

"Omg, you scared me!" I tell Lizzie and she smiles softly.

"Sorry. I just wanted to see what you were up to." She explains and I nod, continuing to put the dirty clothes in the washing machine. Her hands are still on my waist and as I throw the last piece of clothing in.

"You're really good at that," she says as her hands start moving across my stomach, then back to their original spot.

My stomach is doing flips and I start to sweat, trying to control myself around her. Before I could say anything she spins me around to face her and put her hands around my neck loosely.

She has never been like this yet which is confusing me, but at the same time, she is driving me crazy. I try to keep my hands to myself but the urge to touch her back is too strong. I grab her waist and pull her in tighter so that we are closer and our bodies are touching.

She bites her lip softly, leans forward and whispers in my ear.

"Kiss me."

Without hesitation, I connect my lips with hers with force and they dance together maintaining a perfect rhythm. This is the first time we have kissed since our confession night and it feels amazing.

I pause our kiss and grab turn us both around so that I can lift her onto the laundry machine. I lift her and her legs wrap around my body keeping me close. One of her arms is resting across my shoulder while the other is playing in my hair, probably making it a mess.

After a few minutes, we both calm down and break apart. That was different from her, but I enjoyed every second of it. I'm surprised that even happened considering we haven't kissed in three weeks. I wonder what changed.

"That was a thank you for our date earlier," she says and I can see her face start to blush a little bit. That makes more sense now.

I help her down off the washing machine, but she doesn't let go. Instead, she just latches on with her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck. She has extra grip because of her cast so I can't shake her off!