muttering her ex's name when she comes home drunk (requested)

As soon as you heard the front door open and close, you were pushing away the blankets and getting out of bed to go downstairs.

You stood at the top step for a second and saw Mina kicking off her shoes by the door, so intoxicated that she could hardly stand on her own two feet.

You started to make your way down the rest of them so you could help her.

But when you reached the last step, before she noticed that you were standing there, she started to call out for someone.

But, to your surprise, it wasn't you that she was calling out for.

The name that fell from her lips wasn't yours... it was her ex's.

"I'm home." She drunkenly slurred. "Babe," she called out for them again, this time using a cute little pet name that she often uses for you.

"Mina!" You yelled in frustration and right away, your eyes locked as she stared at you.

"Y/N," She smiled and walked to you.

She reached out for you and tried to put her hand on yours, only for you to pull away.

"What the hell is going on? Why are you muttering your ex's name?"

"What? I didn't, silly." She slurred.

"Yes, you did! I heard you! The name falling from your lips definitely was not mine!"

She stood there for a moment, looking confused as she tried to think back to calling out her ex-girlfriend's name.

"Not just once, Mina. You said her name several times."

"I did?"

"Yes!" You yelled as you tangled your fingers in your hair. "I can't believe you! I've been worried sick about you! You've been out for much longer than you said you would be. I was about to come down here and greet you with a hug and help you to bed and prepare to care for you for the hangover, which I'm certain you'll have."

"That's so amazing of you, baby." She said and tried to wrap her arms around you, only for you to push her away.

"No, don't touch me! I can't believe you!"

"I'm sorry."

You could see by the look in her eyes that she was beginning to sober up a little as you stood there looking completely crushed in front of her.

"Sorry isn't good enough." You said. "You know what? Sleep down here tonight. I need some space."

She sniffled as she watched you walk up the stairs.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking!" She yelled as she chased after you, only for you to slam and lock the door behind you before she could get inside.

She could hear you crying from the other side of the door and she slid down the wall, sitting right in front of the bedroom door as she let her tears fall.

It was all coming back to her as she sobered up and she kicked herself a few times, wondering how she could've screwed up so terribly.