Chapter Thirty Seven

Hunter ~

Pulling Declan and Slater aside, Hunter created a plan of action on the fly - one that kept everyone safe.

"We've gotta operate under the assumption that Miles and Jack have boots on the ground here and are an immediate threat. We can't afford not to." Hunter said, getting nods of approval from his men.

"We were thinkin the same thing. Nate went to get Claire and James is heading here with Natalie as we speak." Declan added.

"Axels twenty minutes out and Gray, Hawk, Logan and Gunner are walking the perimeter, sweeping the practice range fence line to make sure we don't have any other unexpected guests." Slater informed the group in a hushed voice.

Hunter cuffed Banks and the men he brought with him, waiting a few minutes before he walked them into the main offices. He knew Caroline would need at least ten minutes to get settled in the breakroom with the rest of the women understanding exactly what needed to be done in preparation of their unexpected visitors.

Once he entered the main building, Hunter wasn't disappointed at all by her quick work and attention to detail.

Every door they passed was closed and most likely locked with the numbers of each room removed. The lights had been turned off all except in the conference room where they were headed, making the layout of the offices and hallways difficult to discern.

Atta girl Red.

The air was thick with tension as Hunter and the other members of his teams escorted Banks and his men into an empty conference room.

Hunter kept his gaze forward, not allowing his eyes to roam toward the breakroom where he had instructed the women to stay.

With all eyes on Banks, Hunter took a seat across from him with a deep scowl on his face.

"I want full disclosure - Complete transparency, you hear me Gryffon?" Hunter warned.

"Heard." Banks said in a low voice, clearly disliking Hunters orders and attitude, but Hunter didn't care. Banks was the enemy until he proved he wasn't.

"Let's start from the beginning."

"Okay."

"For starters, why don't you go ahead and tell me if you were present when she got that scar?" Hunter growled.

"Scar?" Banks asked.

"The Elite Tactical insignia that's branded into her fucking skin. Were you a part of it?"

"What? No! You think I'd do that to Kenzie or sit back and watch that shit happen? I was deployed when dad did that and I confronted him when I got home. And what does that have to do with anything anyway?" Banks hissed, leaning back in his chair with his hands cuffed in front of him.

"It determines whether or not I take you out back and rearrange your face again."

Letting out an irritated sigh, Banks took control of his anger and eyed Hunter carefully.

"Enough of this bullshit." Parker bit out, infuriated that Hunter had threatened to harm his teammate.

"Hey! For him, I need justification, but you? - I'll beat you senseless just for trespassing. Watch your fucking mouth." Hunter said loudly, pointing at Parker as he spoke while the third man remained silent.

Smacking his mouth, Parker let his back hit the chair with a thud, getting side eye warnings from his teammates.

"Now tell us what you know." Hunter said firmly.