𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
"The first kiss"
——

Jane was now on the second floor of the cell block with Carol who was holding Judith

Jane was now on the second floor of the cell block with Carol who was holding Judith. Jane stood there and looked at the beautiful baby in her arms and couldn't help but think of Lori. The babies mother. She didn't want to dwell on the past but she started replaying the day in her head when she cut open Lori's stomach and retrieved the baby out. Something beautiful came out of it but that day was a nightmare she will never forget.

"Hey" Andrea voices from the top of the stairs and Jane turns her head then looks back to Carol. "Can I see her?" Andrea asks and Jane clears her throat walking past Andrea. "Jane, wait—-". "I have to
go" Jane says walking down the steps and walking outside to see Glenn stand by the fence looking at the field of walkers. Jane walked over to stand next to him and looked at the field along with him.

"How are you? I feel like we haven't talked since Woodbury" Jane asks and Glenn sighs, "I'm okay, you?" Glenn wonders. "I've been better" Jane states nodding her head leaving them in silence. "Glenn, I— I get your anger and I just want you too know you can talk to me" Jane says breaking the silence. "I'm sorry. It's just— every time I look at you I feel bad for letting you get treated like that especially by your sister" Glenn confesses as they both turn there heads meeting each others eyes.

"I assure I am fine and that none of this is your fault. It hurt my feelings when you became distant, we went through that together and you just wanted to go through alone" Jane admits as there hands graze each other's. Jane looks down at there hands and she doesn't want to me move hers away from his so she looks back up at him while there hands continue to touch. "I just know you're still hurting from the Lori situation and my situation on top
of that is too much. I don't want you worrying about me and my problems" Glenn says chuckling nervously after.

"I already am worrying about you and your problems" Jane admits sending a shy smile which he returns back. "Good to know" Glenn whispers as Jane nods her head and turns Glenn's head to face forward while she leans in and kisses him on the cheek. Red rushes to Janes cheeks as Glenn slowly turns and meets her eyes. "Rick wants me to go grab a car for Andrea to take home" Glenn says clearing his throat nervously. "You should do that then" Jane says with a slight chuckle and Glenn nods his head. "Right, Um— I'm gonna go do that— like— right now" Glenn says as he slowly starts backing up.

Jane laughs softly and salutes him as he continues to back away. "Alright" Jane says and Glenn nods his head turning his body around fully. Jane watches him fist the air in excitement and she shakes her head letting out quiet laughs while returning her gaze back to the field.

A couple moments later Jane meets the group by the exit along with Andrea. Jane sees Glenn pulling up in a police car to give to Andrea. Once the car comes to a stop, Glenn exits the vehicle and Jane hands Andrea her backpack she came in with. "Can you spare it?" Andrea asks referring to the gun and Rick sighs while nodding his head. Andrea looks around her group in disbelief. This wasn't the group that she left Atlanta with and this wasn't the group that she was on the farm with and she knew that just didn't voice it.

Andrea and Michonne make longer eye contact. "Well, take care" Andrea says looking around at everyone again before placing her gun in the car and getting in the drivers seat and shutting the door.

"Andrea" Rick calls out stepping to the car and handing her a hand gun and a knife. "Be careful" Rick says as Andrea nods her head setting the items on her lap. "You too" Andrea says placing her hand on the steering wheel and starting the car making the engine roar and she drove out of it while everyone slowly followed behind her before she made it all the way out . Merle rushed and opened the gate for her and she quickly drove out grabbing the walkers attention while Merle shut the gate back up.

That evening, as the night sky shines through the windows of the prison. Jane sat on the second floor, up-against the wall while Beth began singing a song calming everyone in the prison down. Jane watched Rick walk out the cell holding Judith and they made eye contact and send smiles to each other. Glenn walked up the stairs passing Rick and decided to take a seat next to Jane with two cups of water in his hands and handed Jane one cup. Jane took a sip of the water and looked to Glenn as Beth's voice boomed through the cell block beautifully.

"She's good" Jane says and Glenn nods looking down to Beth. "Almost sounds like there's not an apocalypse going on. It's soothing... feels.. normal" Glenn says and Jane nods. "I agree" Jane says as she holds her cup in her hand.

"Why'd you kiss me on the cheek?" Glenn asks and Jane lifts her head to look at him then shrugs her shoulders. "Felt like the right thing to do. Was it not?" Jane questions and Glenn shakes his head sucking his teeth. "I would have preferred a real kiss" Glenn admits and Jane chuckles softly nodding her head.

"Well, that's all you had to say" Jane says and Glenn furrows his eyebrows, "Wha—" Glenn says as Jane slowly leans in and places her lips onto his, Glenn placed his hand on the side of her face returning the kiss. It was slow and passionate but it had meaning and Jane felt butterflies in her stomach. It was like fireworks were everywhere around them and it felt so right.

Jane finally pulled away and Beth was still singing. It was beautiful. The night sky beamed through, shining on them and they had a wonderful voice in the background. Glenn's cheeks were turning red and his hand was still on the side of the Janes cheek. They looked in each other's and both broke out it genuine laughs. Jane placed her head on Glenn's shoulder and took his hand and held it.

WORD COUNT: 1105

WORD COUNT: 1105