17 Husband's Condition

Part 17 Husband's Condition

Evening

Khushi came home late because the bus got broke down. Arnav panicked as the time was passing. Khushi reached home one hour late than the usual time. Arnav huffed in relief, hearing the door unlocking sound. Khushi who entered the house got stuck, seeing Arnav looking at her. Without reacting to it, she walked to her room whereas Arnav went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. As Khushi came late, he didn't want to make her cook. So, he cooked. Of course, for Khushi too. He cooked, took forty minutes, and went to his room to have a shower. When he came finishing bath, he saw Khushi cooking. He thought she didn't notice the dishes he prepared for dinner. He came to her. Khushi who was rolling roti sensed his presence but she didn't look at him.

"Oh..." he hesitated to start.

Khushi looked at him, turning her head behind.

"I finished cooking," he said, pointing at the dishes.

Khushi looked at him like SO WHAT? Arnav rolled his eyes annoying. Khushi looked at him weirdly like, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?

"You came late... so, I cooked," he said.

Khushi got his point. She again started rolling the roti that made him annoy more.

"I don't want to be dependent because I don't want to expect anything from you. So, from today onwards, I will cook for myself" she said continuing her work.

Arnav tightened his jaws. He so wanted to ask her, why suddenly? but he could not question her for anything. He, himself told her that. He left the kitchen annoyed. Khushi looked, turning her head getting amazed. Did he care for her or he didn't want to waste food? of course, she too didn't want to waste food but she had no choice today. She wanted Arnav to know her stand. She sighed.

Arnav knew why Khushi was doing that. He was furious with his mother. Because of her, Khushi had taken such a decision of not sharing with him anything. Don't know why he felt like not eating.

Delhi

Ratna saw Arvind coming, finishing his two days camp.

"How was your camp?"

"Hectic..." Arvind threw the bag on the couch.

"I know..." Ratna said mockingly.

"I'm sorry, Ratna. I was unable to attend your call... I was busy like hell..."

Ratna nodded yes.

"By the way, why did you call me yesterday?"

"Chotte called me yesterday morning"

Arvind's hand stopped that was about to remove his phone from his pocket.

"Eighth wonder... form when your son started calling you?" he chuckled.

"You won't believe if I say more"

"I already don't believe what you just said," he said smiling.

"He fought with me," Ratna said.

"Fought?" Arvind shrank his eyes.

Ratna nodded yes smilingly.

"Oh... he would have fought with you for getting him married to Khushi" He sighed.

"No... I asked her to marry someone... that's why he fought with me"

Arvind stood, keeping his hands on his hip.

"Have you gone mad? Why did you ask Khushi so?"

"So what if I ask her so? Why does it affect your son if he doesn't want to live with her?"