Failed You-Steve Harrington

It happened so fast.

One minute Johnathan, the kids, and I were hunting the Demogorgon. The next, I was in the back of Johnathan's car, bleeding out.

"Just hang in there, Y/N," Nancy tried to soothe.

I was laying across the backseat, my head in Nancy's lap. Johnathan was driving, Mike was in the front, and the other kids were in the very backseat.

"Isn't there something you can do?" Mike asked.

I wasn't sure who he asked but Eleven responded, "I can't."

"Magical alien powers and you can't heal her?" Lucas asked rougher.

"Yelling at each other isn't going to help Y/N," Nancy said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"What can we do?" Mike asked.

"We can take her to my mom," Johnathan said. "She'll know what to do."

"Steve," I mumbled.

"What?" Nancy asked. She leaned down so she could hear me over the kids arguing.

"Where's Steve, Nance?" I barely got out.

She shushed me as she continued to run her fingers through my hair. "He's with Dustin," she tried to say reassuringly.

"Where are they?"

"Y/N, you need to rest."

"No," I stuttered as I tried to sit up.

"Y/N," Nancy gasped.

"Y/N, you need to lay back down," Johnathan said, glancing over his shoulder. "Please. We're almost to my house. Just a few more minutes."

"But Steve. . . and Dustin. . ."

"They're fine," Nancy said gently. "When we get you help, I'll go get Steve."

"Promise?"

"I promise," Nancy said instantly. "Please, rest."

* * * * *
3rd POV

Nancy knocked on Steve's door, not looking forward to telling her ex-boyfriend that his current girlfriend/her best friend got hurt while he was out looking for the thing that ate Dustin's cat.

"Nancy?"

She looked up to see Steve standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?"

"Is everything okay?"

Nancy looked behind Steve to see Dustin walking towards the door.

"Nancy? What's going on?" Steve pushed.

"It's Y/N," she barely got out.

"What?" Dustin gasped. "Is she okay?"

"She's hurt," Nancy said shakily. "Badly."

"What do you mean?" Steve rushed out.

"How?" Dustin asked.

Steve struggled to breathe as he took a step towards her. "Where is she?"

"We rushed her to Joyce. She's there now, along with everyone else. Joyce is trying to. . . She's doing everything. . ."

"Nancy," Steve said firmly. "Take me to her."

* * * * *
Reader's POV

"Where is she?!"

"Steve, wait," Johnathan said as he stopped him.