ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place

Disclaimer; I don't own Supernatural. Eric Kripke had all the rights. Though, I wish I did.

AND I TOTALLY FORGOT TO PUT THIS IN EARLIER CHAPTERS BUT EMERY WILSON AND HER NON-SHOW RELATED PLOT LINES ARE MINE. SO... LIKE... JUST DON'T STEAL HER, OKAY?

Pilot; Part Two
________

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" -Captain Jack Sparrow

"I MEAN, C'MON, YOU CAN'T JUST break in during the middle of the night and expect me to hit the road with you," Sam stated, the three of them descending the staircase in the building.

Emery followed guiltily behind the two, not really in the conversation, but still listening.

"I hear you, Sammy. Dad's missing. I need you to help me find him," Dean stated, looking over his shoulder at the taller boy.

"Remember the poltergeist in Amherst? Or the Devil's gates in Clifton? He was missing then, too. He's always missing, and he's always fine," Sam rambled, and they reached the end of the staircase.

"Not for this long," Dean looked up at Sam, who was on the bottom step. "Now are you coming with us or not?"

"Not."

"Why not?" Dean gave Sam the raised eyebrow look. Emery shook her head at the two bickering. It was like, two a.m. and she wanted to sleep in the back of the Impala.

"I swore I was done hunting," Emery threw her hands up behind Sam. She really just wanted to go, with or without Sam, it didn't matter. The guilt was sort of eating her alive. "For good."

"Come on, it wasn't easy, but it wasn't that bad," Dean explained, before turning and making his way out of the building. Emery mentally cheered, ready to snuggle up in the back of the Impala and snooze.

"When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a '45," Sam stated, and Emery cursed. Where they gonna fight all night about this?

"What was he supposed to do?" Dean asked, stopping.

With a sigh, Emery walked forward and held her hand out expectantly. Dean grabbed the keys from his pocket and placed them in the brunette's hand. She pushed passed the others and outside, walking toward the Impala. Emery unlocked the doors, dropping the keys in the driver's seat, before climbing in the back seat. She had left the two bickering boys, annoyed at both of them.

She curled up, and listening to the silence. But then the guilt started whispering stuff at her, telling her that if Dean would have know, John would be with them again. Or Dean could be helping with the demon.

She heard the trunk slam, and looked back through the window. Emery noticed the two brothers still bickering. She rolled her eyes, and laid back down on the leather.

A couple minutes later, Dean entered the Impala, and grabbed the keys off the seat. The engine roared to life, and Emery moaned in delight.

"Just don't be to loud, Winchester," Emery stated, sitting up and patting Dean on the right cheek. He swatted her hand away, and Emery laid back down again.

She closed her eyes, happy to hear the rumble of the Impala. Before she knew it, Emery had drifted off into a state of unconsciousness.

☪✡

Emery woke up a couple hours later, when they were stopped to get some gas. Dean had went inside, obviously going to pay and get some snack food. Emery had ordered him to get her usual, which was some Dill Pickle chips, a Hershey's chocolate bar, and a Pepsi.