Chapter 8

Sunlight escaped through the curtains and it landed on Eurielle's face.

She slowly opened her heavy eyes and rubbed it.

"My lady." A voice called out.

Eurielle glanced around her room and found Asterion beside her bed.

"Rion?"

"About last night..."

"Hm? What about last night?" Eurielle stared blankly at him.

'She doesn't remember?' Asterion thought.

Right after Eurielle collapsed last night, it was him who brought her back to bed.

It made him question why she was like that last night. What did she experience in order for her to act that way?

Maybe he didn't know something even half about her true self at all.

Eurielle was a bit confused of his question.

'What happened last night?' Even if she tried to recollect it, there was nothing that came to mind.

All Eurielle knew was that she had a good night's sleep.

"My lady, it's time for your bath." Nathalia announced from outside.

"Alright."

Eurielle got up from her bed and followed Nathalia later on.

After she was finished bathing, she dressed up in her comfortable clothes that was customized by her through the hands of the famous designer, Matilda.

"The grand duke called you for breakfast." Nathalia informed.

"Okay."

Eurielle walked towards the dining hall where her father is currently waiting for her.

She opened the door and finally walked inside.

"Good morning, father." She greeted.

"Hm." Her father hummed in response. "Sit down and eat." He added.

"Yes."

When other servants heard the grand duke's statement, they were more than surprised.

He, who never interacted with his daughter after all these years, suddenly waits for his daughter for breakfast and eat together with her? It was incredulous.

While the servants were contemplating about their master's actions, the father and daughter duo just ate quietly.

"Do you already have a dress for the upcoming banquet?" The grand duke questioned.

"I already have lots of it so, yes."

"I see. I won't get to attend the celebration since I'll be leaving the territory per the emperor's command. Do you have an escort in mind?"

The grand duke knew that Eurielle's attitude greatly changed these days.

So maybe her attitude and feelings towards that prince also changed.

"No."

"Alright. I'll help you find one." Her father stood up since he was finished eating.

"Continue eating." After he said that, he left for work.

*Clack*

"U-Um, my lady, do you want a cold beverage?" A maidservant approached Eurielle.

Despite of noticing Eurielle's change of attitude, the maid can't help but still feel terrified of the lady in front of her.

"No need."

"Ye- Yes!" The maid bowed.

"..."

Few moments after Eurielle was finished eating, she roamed around the mansion.

She walked towards the rose garden that she has always admired.

*Swoosh*

A breeze passed by her.

Eurielle wandered in the rose garden and just looked at the beautiful roses that are red as blood.

She plucked out a rose and stared at it.

She didn't realize that she was already pierced by its thorns. She only noticed it when she felt something wet dripping from her fingers.

It was the same as that time. The first time she held this kind of flower.

She didn't feel pain.

"My lady." Asterion called out.

He noticed the blood from Eurielle's finger and he felt angry when he saw it... Even though he doesn't know why.

"Rion. What is it?"

"Give me your hand." He uttered.

Without thinking twice, Eurielle did as he said.

"!!!"

As soon as Asterion held her hand, Eurielle was a bit surprised why he suddenly started licking the blood that's evident on her hand.

It felt wet and ticklish.

After Asterion did the said act, Eurielle retracted her hand from him and saw later on the wound in her hand is gone.

He healed her through magic. But why did he do it that way?

Eurielle was curious why Asterion did that.

But Asterion was more curious why he suddenly did that too. It was out of impulse- he thought.

*Thump* *Thump*

Right now, Asterion could hear the loud and rapid beating of his heart. He felt weird.

'Damn it.'

"Thank you-"

Before Eurielle could finish her words, Asterion disappeared in front of her right an instant.

"...."

Eurielle walked back inside the mansion now that she was done wandering around.

Before she went upstairs and proceeded to her room, Nathalia called out to her.

"My lady."

"Yes?"

"A letter was sent for you." She gave the envelope to Eurielle.

Eurielle opened the envelope and started reading the letter.

[Dearest Lady Deidamus,

It saddens me to see how worse the relationship between you and Lady Brown has become.

To patch things up, I decided to gather few ladies in my estate in order to have a good chat and make good friends.

Before the crown prince celebrates his great day, I want to see you and other people in good terms.

I hope this gathering would go smoothly and it would be successful, especially with your presence.

Oh, and I have a present for you too.

Looking forward in seeing you tomorrow in my estate at exactly 1pm.

From,
Brianna Nguyen]

"...."

Eurielle didn't feel anything when she read that letter.

"Present... Is the present she's talking about, Lady Brown?" Eurielle muttered. "Or is it the crown prince..."

'Maybe both.' she concluded.

Eurielle gave the letter and envelope to Nathalia.

"Burn it."

"Right away, my lady."