Vol.1. Chapter 6.2 : Karuizawa Kei

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

Waiting for the noodles to cook, I thought to myself, "It should finish boiling by any minute now..."

I was currently preparing a slice of chicken parmesan for dinner, a breaded chicken breast meal covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese on top. A dish originating from the Italian diaspora during the twentieth century.

I'd never eaten Italian cuisine before, so I figured, why not make it for dinner? having already purchased all of the necessary components for the recipe, I didn't see any reason why I shouldn't.

Of course, I am more aware than anybody else of the importance of not squandering too many private points on cooking supplies and ingredients, but who can blame me for wanting to try something new?

I was startled out of my thoughts when my phone, which had been placed on the study table, began to ring noisily. I turned off the stove to avoid overcooking the noodles and went to get my phone.

When I first took up the phone, I was greeted by Hirata's contact information on the screen. He was presently attempting to call me. Why was he contacting me so late in the evening? Was there anything he needed to talk to me about? Or perhaps he simply wanted to spend time with me and have a friendly talk.

Well, I wouldn't know unless I picked up the phone and answered it. To answer his call, I swiped the green button with the white telephone silhouette upwards while putting the phone on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Good evening Ayanokouji-Kun! Sorry for calling you so suddenly. I hope I'm not bothering you from doing something important."

"I'm only cooking dinner for myself right now but other than that, I'm not doing anything really productive," I replied nonchalantly.

"I see... I'm glad then." Although we were on voice call, I could guess that he probably had a warm smile on his face.

"Do you perhaps have some business with me? It's rare for you to phone me at this hour."

This was the first time we'd actually called each other, but based on the amount of time we've spent texting, he's normally not online from daybreak until early morning. I'm assuming he wants to chat with me about something serious.

"Actually...There is. Is it okay if I visit your room right now?"

I wasn't expecting him to make such a request so late in the evening. Is what he wants to say to me so vital that we must meet in person? Or is it possible that he just wants to hang out? If it's the latter, I won't be able to avoid declining him.

"Can you tell me why you need to come into my room?" I inquired about the obvious.

"Something important has come up, and we'd like your input on it."

We? So he and someone else need my opinion on something...

"If it's truly that important, I suppose it's alright. By the way, do you want me to prepare dinner for you and the person accompanying you?"

I sincerely hope he is only coming to my room with just one person. If there are several, my room may become cluttered.

"Oh, we're fine. We can't burden you more than we already have. Plus we already had dinner during our mall hang out with Class B."