Chapter 4

~1 month later~

"Merlin, Hera. For the millionth time, I do not have a crush!"

"You have to!" She insisted.

I sighed and shook my head, stuffing my hands in my back pockets.

"Just tell me! I'm your best friend, I have the right to know." She pouted, crossing her arms.

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Can I guess?" I didn't answer.

"Fine. Elijah?" I made a face.

"Neville? Collin? Sawyer? Seamus?" I shook my head at each boy.

She paused, thinking for a minute. "Dean?"

I didn't answer and instead started walking faster.

"It is!" She gasped before stopping in her place. "Really?"

"See? You would make fun of me!" I whined.

"You like Dean. Thomas." She laughed.

"Shut up!" I laughed, shoving her shoulder. "I never said yes."

"I thought you knew better." She shook her head.

"Oh, piss off." I rolled my eyes. I walked out to the courtyard, with Hera on my heels. "I don't like him. And, at least he's not Malfoy."

"Please," She scoffed, "You have to admit, he is kinda hot."

"Draco Malfoy is not hot." I laughed, sitting down on the cold bench. "You just convinced yourself that you have to like him."

"No!" She snapped, "I really do like him!"

"Really? Is it his bleach blonde hair that is appealing, or is it his dead eyes?"

"Hush," She hissed.

"I'm just telling the truth." I shrugged.

"Whatever," She rolled her eyes, the ghost of a smile passing over her face, "I gotta go, I'll see you later."

"Fine," I groaned, "I'll see you later."

She waved before practically skipping down the hill in the direction of Hogsmeade.

I chuckled, shaking my head. I opened my book and turned to my latest chapter. After about half way through the chapter, I felt a pair of eyes on me.

I looked up to see Dean who softly smiled at me. My heart skipped a beat as we made eye contact. He quickly looked away, whispering something to Seamus.

I smiled to myself, trying to focus on my book as I noticed my face heating up.

Maybe I do have a crush.