27| Pickpocket

Omniscient teller:
Hector walked out of the pastry shop with Theo. His younger brother was carrying the large box filled with different kinds of pastries while he picked up the phone. His little sister was calling him, probably to ask about what pastries he got for the family.

"Did you get me the macarons? The ones with double filling?" She asked impatiently.

When it came to Elena and food, she was very impatient. Nicolas and she were the same, but she'll probably deny that. Hector had to suppress a smile since he was out in public. But he really loved how well his little sister ate.

"We did, Elena. We got all the ones you asked for." He sighed.

Theo smirked and shook his head when he heard his older brother.

"Okay, then hurry home! I'm very hungry and so is Nico." She urged him.

"We'll be there in five minutes." He ended the call.

When he was about to put his phone away, someone bumped into him. Hector frowned and reached out his hands to catch the person.

The first thing he noticed about her, was her hazel eyes. Then the freckles on her pale skin and then her long black hair. She was absolutely breathtaking and almost caught him in a lure but then he felt it.

She was pickpocketing him.

He was the boss of a criminal organisation. This was the easiest form of crime for him. What baffled him, was that she did it on him. Everybody knew him here in the state. They knew not to fuck with him.

She was good at this though. If he didn't know the techniques of it, he'd be completely confused as to what had happened to him.

"You picked the wrong person." He informed her with a blank face.

The fewer emotions he showed, the more scared people became.

She tried to run away but he grabbed her tightly. Theo gave his brother a look before he called over their men that had been following them. Aurelio was one of their most trusted soldiers and he'd been with them since his initiation in the Famiglia.

"Take her to the warehouse." Hector handed him the girl.

She was putting up a fight but Aurelio quickly overpowered her and pushed her in the van before taking off. Hector walked with his brother towards his Porsche and they got inside.

"Do you want to go now?" Theo asked him.

Hector started the car and watched how Aurelio drove off with the girl. Her pretty face wouldn't stop bothering his mind. She'd been smaller than him, he guessed that she was about five foot four. He was a whole foot taller than her which she thought probably made him an easier target.

"Elena's hungry. We're going home."

No matter how intrigued he was about this girl, his family always came first.

//////////////////

"Stop eating my macarons!" Elena whined when Nicolas pushed one in his mouth.

It was supposed to be a peaceful and calm Sunday morning, but this was the Cassano household. There was never peace or quietness. Not when Hector had to break up a fight between the twins literally two seconds ago.

Now he had to come between the two foodies of the house.

"Give him one, Elena. You need to share." He told her.

She looked up at him with those big blue eyes. Elena has learned how to get something from Hector. She'd put up a cute pout and gaze into his eyes long enough.