Chapter 17: Morning workout

"Up...Wake up midget" My eyes fly open as I feel cold water getting splashed in my face. I dry my eyes with my shirt and notice Malcolm standing beside my bed with an empty glass in his hand. 

"What the hell-" I start to say before stopping as Malcolm covers my mouth with his hand.

"Don't curse child or els i'll fucking tell Ezekiel" He says, cursing right after lecturing me about it. 

"What time is it?" I tiredly ask.

"05:30 Am" He says, making me widen my eyes.

"WHAT!" I yell in surprise.

"You got punished and needed to train with me every morning and I got punished for needing to train you" He explains, annoyed as I get up to change my wet clothes.

"What did you get punished for?- and don't look here because I'm gonna change my clothes" I say as Malcolm turns around to look at the wall.

"I got into a fight with a bunch of guys because I slept with the man's girlfriend. I kicked their asses though, pissed me off on how easily they got knocked out" He smugly says, sounding proud.

'Now i get what Ezekiel was talking about me not being a challenge. Raising our brothers must've been hard'.

"How are we gonna train? 15 minute walk maybe or swimming for 30 minutes?- and I'm done changing so you can turn around now" I say as he turns to face me.

"You call that training? we're gonna be doing some muscle strengthening and close combat training" He says as my jaw drops.

"Close combat with you?" I ask, scared for dear life. And just as my bruises were getting better and the pain was starting to disappear, now my body's gonna hurt again.

"Well this is a punishment after all" He says with an evil smirk like he's enjoying this. We make our way towards the gym that I never thought existed in this huge mansion.

"Morning munchkin" Isaiah says, walking past me as I'm about to enter the gym.

"Please save me" I plead as he laughs.

"Don't worry sis he'll make it quick" He says as i feel my nerves getting worse from his statement.

"You'll start by running for 10 minutes on the treadmill and then we'll go to the muscle strengthening after you've got your heart rate up" He says, leading me to the treadmill and turning it on.

After running for 4 minutes I'm already exhausted and look over to my brother to see him lifting tons of weight. I run for 2 more minutes before giving up as I stop the treadmill and walk towards my brother.

"Wow, those 10 minutes went by quickly" I lied, panting.

"You look like you've run for 10 hours" He says as I try catching my breath.

"Well i'm not exactly the athletic type" I say, showing off my non existing biceps. I'm pretty skinny in comparison with other kids and the only workout I'll do is walk to the bathroom and the kitchen.

"Now give me 20 pushups," He says, sitting down on a bench in front of me. I get into position as I smoothly get down all the way and then up- no i didn't get up, just fell right on my face. I look up from the floor to see Malcolm taking a picture of me.

"Hey!" I almost yell, offended. "Need to take a picture to remind myself of never letting you out of my sight" He says, confusing me deeply.

"How does a picture of me not being able to do a pushup remind you of that?" I ask, getting up. 

"Because i'll get reminded of how weak you are and how greatly you're in need of constant protection" He teasingly says, rolling his eyes.

"I'm super strong alright, i just haven't eaten yet" I say.

"Stop talking and give me 15 sit ups" "20 squats" "Get your ass up from the floor cadet" And so it goes on like that for one and a half hour before finally getting ready for the hand to hand combat.

"Stop looking like a scared kitten and stand in front of me like you want to kill" He aggressively says as I flinch at his voice.

"But i don't wanna kill, i wanna eat food" I whine, feeling like my muscles are breaking.

"You want food then you'll have to get through me first" He says as I feel a fire getting lit in me. 

"You'll regret saying that- ahhhhh" I yell as I rush towards him with my arms flying everywhere. One second I'm running towards him and the other second I'm on the floor with him pinning me down.

"What happened? Why am I on the floor?" I ask surprised, struggling to move my body.

"Maybe open your eyes while attacking and you'll see what i'll do" He sarcastically says, letting me get up.

"Now try again and have your eyes open this time" He strictly says.

"Yes boss" I say as I back away again to only run towards him with my eyes open this time. It's like the look in his eyes changes and his hands move so fast like he has done the same move a thousand times. I again drop to the floor in seconds with a yelp as I look up at him from the floor. 

"Stop it! you could at least go a bit easy on me" I say angrily getting up.

"That's what I've been doing all this time. If i hadn't then you would literally die in seconds" He says, matching my tone. 

"I'm done for today!" I say, walking away. I'm tired and hungry and that's not the best combination.

"You there, give me a sandwich!" I almost yell, spotting Zane in the kitchen.

"What the fuck did you say to me squirt?" He asks, intimidatingly as i mentaly curse myself for the stupidity.

"Nothing, I was just talking nonsense to myself" I say with a nervous laugh.

"That's what i thought" He says getting back to texting.

"By the way, Ezekiel wants you in his office" Zane says as I raise an eyebrow. 'Again? couldn't he just tell me what he wanted yesterday when i was in his office getting scolded' I think as i make my way towards the office.

'I know I said that I'm not a breakfast person but that was before i did a whole workout in the morning and now I'm hungry. I knock at my oldest brother's office as i step in after hearing his voice tell me to do so. 

"You wanted to see me?" I nevosly ask, afraid he's gonna do something unpredictable like yesterday. Although I pretty much saw that coming.

"After you left my office yesterday, I talked to Zane about how your time together went" He starts as i notice he's not in the best mood. Not like it's uncommon for him but still it's a bit more noticeable this time.

"It started off as expected but then you left him without permission to eat at a bakery?" He says with a raised eyebrow to make sure he understands the situation as I nod in conformation.

"But then when you came back, you realized your mistake as he scolded you for your bad behavior" He continued, staring into my eyes with his icy ones.

"But then you end up in a fight with him where both of you spill your real feelings towards each other" He says and then stops like he's about to say something even more intriguing.

"Then you confessed what happened to you before you came here" He says as his eyes darken a shade.

"Dear child, why would you hide that you were injured all this time?" He asks, disappointedly. 'Oops'