Chapter 4: I'll always keep you happy, Tine

"Marry me, Tine."

Tine's POV

"Excuse me, what?"

"I said..." He moved closer to me and I could finally see his face under the dim lighting outside my apartment. The building's corridors light usually dimmed out as it got closer to midnight, but somehow, his eyes were shining just as brightly as they did in the sunshine. "Marry me, Tine. I have decided to help you."

I stared at him confused. "I am sorry. Can you please speak a little louder? I think I am hearing the wrong thing."

"I said, YOU SHOULD MARRY ME, TINE!" Exasperated, he yelled out this time and I realised I hadn't heard him wrong the first time. He was just saying the most incoherent and illogical thing I had ever heard in my whole life.

"EXCUSE ME, WHAT?" I yelled back.

"I said... "

"He is asking you to marry him. He has already said it twice." An old lady who lives a few apartments down from me, passed through us, and gave me the most judgemental look I had ever seen in my life. "Just say yes already. He is handsome and he is asking you so earnestly. Why are you making him work for it?"

"I am not — He is not — We are not together —" By the time I turned back to respond to her in may be a little more words, she had already hopped on the elevator. The doors of the elevator were closing but I could still see her shaking her head disapprovingly.

"God damn.." I murmured under my breath.

"I am asking you very earnestly indeed." I turned back hearing Guntithanon, only to find him smirking at me.

I started back at him all confused, wondering what to do with this weird man. "Oh just get inside and stop embarrassing me in front of my neighbours."

I opened the door to my apartment and pulled him inside. As I switched on the lights and closed back the door, I noticed Sarawat was looking around my apartment.

And that's when I started to feel nervous being so close to him. I needed at least a 2 foot safety distance between us. How did I just see him 12 hours ago and he somehow looked hotter? May be its the black suit. Come to think of it, I have only ever seen him wearing black clothes, except for that one time he was swimming in his swim shorts and... No, no don't even go there Tine. Don't think about him in his swim shorts. Don't think about it at all.

"Nice place you got here.." I looked up, trying to clear my thoughts and saw Guntithanon sitting on the sofa in my living roof. He was sifting through the receipts on the coffee table.

"Mr Guntithanon, seriously, why are you here?" I leaned against the wall opposite to him just keep our safety distance intact. "I thought we decided to never see each other again."

"I don't recall having a discussion like that with you..." He picked up a receipt from the table. "For someone who lives alone, you order way too much takeout food."

"What am I supposed to do? Go hungry?"

"Well, you could cook at home."

I sighed, staring down at the box of noodles in my hands. My stomach was rumbling and I had absolutely no patience for this weird man.

"Why are you here Mr Guntithanon?"

"As I told you, I am here because I want to marry you."

"Are you drunk or something?"

He shook his head. "Absolutely not. I am stone cold sober."

"Then.. did you hit your somewhere?"