After Effects

Rose's P

Rose's P.O.V.

After a few weeks after the mating , I find myself often thinking back on how it all began. But I can't dwell for long, the guys have been keeping very occupied.

Especially at night, I just can't seem to get enough of them. But something's been troubling me, and I think the guys are starting to notice...

"What's wrong?" Xavier asked coming out of the bathroom.

Well I thought I was alone for starters

"Nope I was just in the bathroom" he said, a glimmer in his eye.

"How did you-?", I asked confused but my confusion only made the glimmer in his eyes grow brighter.

I didn't say that out loud did I? I was sure the words never left my lips

"No they didn't" he said with one of the biggest grins I've ever seen on him.

I thought for a moment, watching the expressions on Xaviers face change with each new thought, then it finally hit me. Longer than I would have liked, probably because I just woke up.

"You can read my mind. How?" I asked carefully.

"Mate bond cupcake", he replied.

That makes no sense, just because we're bonded doesn't mean you get to freely read my mind and if that was true why can't I read yours?

I asked in my head wanting to test this theory before I fully got offended.

"You can read ours but it just takes some practice for you because your human", He explained.

"But that's such an invasion of privacy! Is there a way I can bloke you out?" I asked getting angry and slightly desperate.

Xavier narrowed his eyes at me, " Why is there something your trying to hide from me mate?"

"No" I deadpan

"Then why do you want to shield your thoughts?"He questions, almost like he's accusing me of something.

"Because that's an invasion of my privacy, not everything I think I want you to know!"

This made Xavier think for a minute, he seemed to be going back and forth between something before he settle on it.

"Okay, I'll show you how to shield your thoughts... you have to visualize putting a wall up inside your mind", He said

I closed my eyes and visualized putting up a big brick wall, it was weird I could almost feel like I was alone in my thoughts again. I let out a sigh of relief, my thoughts are my own once again. I look back over at Xavier, before I looked away and proceeded to attempt to get off of the bed, key word attempt.