Chapter - 23 At war

Darius Blackwood

Darius Blackwood

250...251...252

"I know you can't hear me and even if you can, which I hope, please know that I am sorry your majesty. I should have been there to protect you and I am sorry that I wasn't."

258...259...

"Open your eyes again and look at me. I know you hate me for what I did and what I didn't and I accept. I am sorry for leaving you there, alone. You can yell at me, all you want. I will let this one slide. Just wake up, your majesty. It's not the time to be an asshole. Your family is worried. They need you."

269...270...271...

I heard her. I heard everything. Though she didn't know, I could hear her gentle voice. Like a flower, the magical softness of her voice touched my heart.

She sounded so guilty. Her normally rich, expressive, clear, thunderous voice was replaced by a faint, broken one.

And not to forget, she called me an asshole.

At some point, she sounded like my Ash. Ash, said the same words to me, 18 years back.

"Bro! You need to stop that." Eden hovered over me as the towel hit straight in my face.

"Stop what?" I groaned continuing my pushups.

"Those. The workout. You are stressing yourself out. Working out will never get Raine back."

I felt a weight shift onto me. I felt heavier than before, making me uneasy and difficult to breathe.

Fuck Eden!

"Not everything is about Raine but Fine! Lift your heavy ass now, Ed."

He smiled getting off of me. I pushed myself off of the floor, accepting his hand.

"Jeez, bro! You stink " he scrunched up his nose as I relaxed into the nearby chair, raking my messy hair.

"Thanks for stating the bloody obvious." I rolled my eyes snatching my water bottle. I was taking a sip when I felt a nudge on my leg.

My pet, Lucy sat there, wagging her tail rubbing herself against my joggers trying to gain my attention.

I glanced at her once before getting back to Eden. That made her throw herself at me.

Just when I think I couldn't love my pets anymore, they somehow manage to prove me wrong.

She didn't lick me. They knew better than that. Instead, She rested her head on my dampened tee as I started ruffling her golden locks up and down as her head sunk against my neck.

"It's alright Lucy. C'mon now, be my good baby and get down." I looked at her, but being the adamant girl that she is, she groaned. "We wouldn't want Loki to get jealous now, do we?"