Darkness Rising: Pt.4

(A/N: None of the images used are mine. Also, please watch 'Transformers Prime' before you continue reading this story.)

As soon as Optimus, Ratchet and Galvatron returned to the Autobot base, they were immediately thrown off by the body of Agent Fowler laying unconscious on a medical bed. The rest of Team Prime watched nervously as the trio approached them. Optimus turned to Arcee for an explanation, which she gladly obliged.

Ratchet approached the table and checked Fowler's pulse whilst the two-wheeler continued explaining the situation to the Autobot Leader, who stared disappointedly at Bulkhead and the Humans; Perhaps Galvatron should've stayed behind after all, though such a decision may have also resulted in their demise to the hands of the Undead.

Miko: "So, what were you three up to?"

Ratchet: "We engaged an army of Undead Cybertronian warriors."

Miko: "What!? You battled zombie robots, and I missed it!"

Galvatron: "Shut up, Miko."

Miko quickly shut her mouth and wandered towards Raf and Jack, hoping to escape the rusted mech's wrath. There was a few moments of uncomfortable silence before Optimus shifted his optics back towards Bulkhead and began chastising him for his inability to protect the Human children, which Galvatron didn't really care about.

Optimus: "Bulkhead, you exercised extremely poor judgment in allowing the Humans to accompany you."

Bulkhead: "It won't happen again, Optimus. I promise."

Miko: "But it wasn't Bulkhead's fault!"

Bulkhead: "Miko, please-"

The large mech's hissing was ignored by the short girl as she raised her phone towards Optimus, a wide grin plastering itself upon her face as she stood on her tip-toes. Even Galvatron found himself glancing towards the small cellular device, one of his metallic eyebrows raising upwards in a questioning fashion.

Miko: "Besides, check it out. Recon!"

Optimus: "Hmm. Ratchet, have a look. It may be of importance to Megatron."

The Autobot medic knelt down upon his left knee and analysed the photo, his facial expression quickly falling from neutral to confused as he took in every little pixel. Intrigued by Ratchet's reaction, Galvatron approached the two and knelt down beside the mech, his purple optics scanning over the image.

Galvatron: "....How in Primus' name does that help us?"

Ratchet: "I must agree with the kid; I see no reason to be worrying about a single Vehicon."

Miko: "Vehicon? Oh, whoops! That's the con who tried to blow Raf away. At least, that's what he looked like before Bulkhead rearranged his grill!"

Galvatron rolled his eyes with immense boredom and annoyance -earning a slight glare from Miko- before he stood up and walked away to stand beside Arcee. The Fembot straightened her posture upon seeing the ex-gladiator's approach, and swiftly leaned her form against the railing behind her in an attempt to look indifferent about his sudden appearance.

The warrior chuckled inaudibly before standing beside Arcee. Eventually, after growing bored of everyone else in the room, Galvatron decided to make small talk with Arcee until he had an excuse to leave, with the small two-wheeler gladly humouring him. 

Jack: "Well, if this is just an average day with the Autobots, then I don't want to be any part of it. Not anymore."

Both Galvatron and Arcee were immediately invested in the newest topic of discussion, shifting their gaze towards the small Human college student as he wandered towards the exit to the Autobot base. Arcee wore a slightly hurt expression on her face, which quickly soured Galvatron's mood as he lifted his form and approached Jack with a stern expression.