Chapter twenty

20. SCARS OF YOUR LOVE

Meanwhile, as the extremely iconic best friend duo escorted a certain doppelgänger to the basement of their house, the Mikealson siblings were left to talk

Well, two Mikaelson siblings and one half.

Chile Anyway so-

Freya sat awkwardly, her hands playing with the crystal necklace which lay on her neck, not really sure what position to take up or how to slice through the awkwardness which consumed the air mercilessly.

"Mother said you died." Elijah finally voiced, his typically stoic voice riddled with what sounded like sadness, but with Elijah no one could really be to sure.

Freya's beautiful eyes noticeably hardened at the mention of Esther Mikaelson, a small scowl making its way into her delicate yet defined features.

"Esther lied." Freya snipped venomously, refusing the call the woman her mother. "She handed me off like a trophy to our dear deranged aunt." She smiled sarcastically.

"We don't have an aunt." Klaus inputted, a crease between his eyebrows and while his voice sounded untrusting and not convinced in the slightest, there was surprisingly no sense of malice.

"We do." Freya corrected softly, knowing her half brother hated being wrong. "Dahlia, her name is. Fortunately for you, you've never met the wretched woman but unfortunately for myself.. I was raised by her."

"Why?" Elijah couldn't help but left the question slip past his lips. Feeling guilt pang at his heart when a slightly uncomfortable expression developed on Freya's feature.

"Esther had made a deal with Dahlia." Freya told them, the names leaving her lips like a deadly poison. "Before any of us were born, she had been having trouble conceiving. So, she went and found her wretched sister for help—begging for a spell that would help her be fertile, seeing as dahlia was a much stronger witch then Esther could have ever been. Dahlia agreed, though not from the goodness of her stone cold heart. There was a price for the bargain Esther made, the first born child of every generation in our family. That being me."

Without saying another word and without allowing them to say anything else, Freya showed some of her earlier year memories to them.

"Come on brother." A younger version of Freya spoke, looking around five years of age ; a happy giggle leaving her lips. A lisp present in her words.

A four year old Finn Mikaelson giggled along with his sister, the both of them running hand in hand through the perfectly white snow. Little footprints being left in their wake.

"You won't leave, wight?" Finn questioned innocently, the word 'right' being said adorably differently. "Ewer?"

"I'd never leave you." Freya giggled brightly, a wide smile on her face and her eyes happily sparkling.

She bundled up snow from the ground into a small ball and lightly chuckled it at her brother with a laugh, younger Finn pouting and chucking back tiny pieces of snow because he didn't know how to make the ball she made.

"You wanna how to make it?" Freya inquired with a soft smile, gesturing to the snowball she had in her grasp.

Finn nodded with a cute pout and curious eyes.

Freya's smile grew, taking Finn's smaller hands in her own and picking up snow with them—mushing the snow together to form an uneven ball.

"That's even better than mine." Freya pouted dramatically and Finn giggled proudly.

He chucked the snow ball at her with the strength he had which wasn't much, and she happily repeated his actions. Soon enough they were in a snowball fight.

The brothers were removed hastily from the memory but before either of them could open their mouths to speak, they were taken back into another memory.

A still young bit a little older looking Freya was shown in the corner of a wooden hut, curled up into a ball, little sniffles escaping her.

"Child, get up." A stern faced brunette ordered Freya, her older features set into a glare which brought out the wrinkles on her face.

It was Dahlia.

"No." Little Freya whispered, a chocked sob leaving her lips and she looked up, her eyes slightly bloodshot from the headache causing crying.

"No?" Dahlia countered with a glare, not believing the audacity of the child who was acting as though she'd been taken from her family. Oh-..

"I want mama." Freya cried, her hands clutching her blonde curls.

"Your mother isn't here. She left you." Dahlia uttered stonily, going pack to mixing her herbs with a blank face.

"Finny?" Freya questioned, eyes even cloudier as much tears formed.

"He is not here either, child." Dahlia replied in annoyance. Hades did this thing ever shut up.

"He lef' me." Freya sniffled, crises leaving her lips. Burying her small head into her knees as she remained curled up in a ball.

Dahlia looked on blankly, rolling her eyes as she threw a tatty blanket over the small child before leaving.

Again, they were removed from the memory—to shocked to even speak. Their eyes were on Freya who tried to remain stoic but the slight quivering of her lips she tightly bit onto gave her away.

"Freya.." Elijah trailed off softly, not really knowing how to accurately face the fact his sister he believed dead was now, in fact, alive and well.

Klaus' reaction surprised them the most, he stood up and unlike what Elijah had assumed he was going to do, he sat down next to Freya—offering her a pat on the arm awkwardly.

Freya managed a watery chuckle, feeling amused at the fact her half brother didn't know what to do when someone was in tears. But it wasn't like she was much better, years with only Dahlia around had a impact on how she acted in social situations.

"I believe you." Klaus murmured hesitantly, meeting the surprised eyes of his siblings as he looked up.

"As do I." Elijah put in, a small smile quirking at his lips at his brothers soft expression, an expression that he would not be caught dead with usually.

Freya's eyes watered more, smiling through her cloudy vision as Elijah sat down on her other side and wrapped an arm around her shoulder after she gave him a nod of acceptance to do so.

She felt truly happy.