Chapter 26

~Esther~

I was sitting in history class, my last class of the day and the only class I have with Ash other than fifth period, when a note slipped onto my desk. I looked up to see who had given it to me and saw Ash looking at me from the desk next to mine. I furrowed my eyebrows silently asking him if he was the one who gave it to me and he nodded gesturing to the note in front of me.

I picked it up and opened it, quickly reading it and trying not to get caught by our teacher. 'I'll come by your house to pick-' That's all I had time to read before Ava's voice filled the room and drew my attention away from the note.

"Excuse me, Mr Kraffert?" Our teacher turned around when he heard his name. "Esther is passing notes."

I mentally cussed out Ava, I didn't even get to read the full thing before Mr Kraffert walked over to me and grabbed the note out of my hand and walked over to the trash can beside his desk to throw it away. "There will be no note passing in my class, Ms Harlow. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mr Kraffert, sorry." He nodded and then addressed Ava.

"Thank you for noticing, Ms Meaker."

I noticed how Ava didn't say anything about Ash even though he was the one who passed the note. Granted, I didn't want Ash getting in trouble too so I was a little grateful for that but if she was going to tell on one of us, why not tell on both of us?

Either she really has something against me or she's trying to get on Ash's good side, maybe both.

I glanced at Ash and saw him glaring at Ava while she gave a short smile to our teacher. Ash caught me looking at him and reached across the small aisle in between our desks to lay his hand on my thigh. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my cheeks reddened at the sudden touch and I tried to hide it but as soon as Ash looked at my face his lip turned up into a smirk. I took my hair out of the loose braid it was in and let it cover my face as I looked down so no one else would see my face.

The bell for the end of class rang a few moments later and Ash moved his hand off my thigh so he could gather his things. I gathered my books and stood up but as I did Ash stood in front of me so I couldn't move anywhere. He pushed some of my hair behind my ear and kissed me. "I don't like it when you hide your face, darling."

Before he could say more, he was cut off by Mr Kraffert. "Quit making out in my classroom. This was your last class, you're free to go anywhere else to do that now."

"Sorry, Sir" Ash apologized and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the room and into the hallway where all of the students were trying to get their things and get out of this place.

"Hey girl, can I ride with you and Josie today? The battery in my car died when I got here." I spun around to see Indi standing behind Ash and I.

"You scared the crap out of me, Indi. I didn't realize you were there, but yeah of course."

"Sorry about that." She laughed. "I saw you guys come out of the history room and I had to run up behind you before I lost you in the crowd."

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and checked the time. 3:15pm

Josie was probably waiting on me in the parking lot. "Josie's probably already in her car waiting so we might want to get going."

"Yeah, she's never really learned to be patient, she might leave without us." Indi joked.

She walked towards the door and I tried to follow her but Ash caught my hand and turned me back around. "Excuse me darling, you forgot something."

I laughed as I reached up and gave him a kiss. "Sorry, love. Is that better?"