75.

Jace's POV

Jace's POV

A cruel headache wakes me up in the morning. More like at noon. I don't remember much from last night, but one thing I know for sure. I fucked up big time. I take in my surroundings and notice that I'm laying on the couch, downstairs in the living room. Surprised that everyone's still sleeping, I decide it's time to go upstairs and see Mila. I have to apologise. Besides, I don't really want to face anyone else right now. They're probably pissed at me for the scene I caused yesterday. Or for calling Mila a slut. 

I sit up and rub my eyes, when I notice that I'm still wearing my clothes from last night. I don't even remember how I got here. Drinking was a mistake. I know exactly why I stopped drinking alcohol and taking drugs. They turn me into a completely different person, and I hate myself for the way I treated Mila yesterday. Why did I drink? I guess I wanted to feel some calm from all the anxiety I have. I know that I seem relaxed towards Mila, but she doesn't notice when I lay awake at night, thinking too much. Just like her. 

I can't doubt it, the situation with Derek is getting to me. Mila knows that he has something over me. Sometimes I think I won't ever be able to tell her what that is, even though I promised her I would. Derek itself isn't making me anxious. I'm nervous for Mila to find out about my deepest, darkest secret. She can't leave me, I need to have her in my life. Sometimes I don't think I can go without her ever again. I'm sure that, when she finds out about what I've done, she'll leave me. 

"You're up" a dark voice says from the stairs. Austin.

"Yeah...." I say awkwardly, knowing that my first apology of the day should go to him. "I'm so sorry man. I knew drinking was a bad idea. I acted like fucking douchebag" I admit from my position on the sofa. 

"Yeah, you did. Things are a mess up there. What happened yesterday?" he asks me, sitting down next to me after giving me a handshake. That's why Austin's my best friend. He isn't mad at me, he gets me and accepts me the way I am, even though I fuck up sometimes. 

"I was fucking drunk. When I saw Mila with that guy, it made my blood boil. Anxious, also. You know why" I explain to him, a little uncomfortable talking about it. 

"You do know she wasn't aware she was dancing with a stranger, right? She thought that was you."

"Of course, I know she'd never dance with anyone like that" I admit. 

"Don't you think it's best you tell her what's going on? All of this is putting so much on your relationship" Austin says honestly. 

"I can't. She'll leave me when she finds out, you know she will" I say, my leg starting to bounce up and down. 

"Honestly? I don't think she'll ever leave you. Maybe try calling her a slut again, then she probably will" Austin says, smirking slightly. The situation isn't funny at all, I know he's just giving me a hard time.

"I know, I fucked up. And I'm sorry for how I treated Bree" I admit.

"I know. I've talked to her about it" he answers, and I'm thankful he isn't mad at me. 

We're quiet for a few seconds, both lost in thought. "What am I going to do? I can't lose her, Austin" I say, sighing loudly.

"Tell her the things you told me, just talk to her. She might not want to admit it now, but I think she needs you after what happened. You pushed her away, you need to make the first step and apologise" Austin answers wisely. 

"You're right" I say, standing up to do just that. I need to go see my girl. If that's what she still is. 

"Evans" Austin says, stopping me midway. "Take a shower first. You smell" he adds and smirks at me.

Even I crack a smile at his dumb comment. "Is Mila in our bedroom?" I ask him nodding, not wanting to wake her with my shower.

"Yeah. Bree's in there with her, kept her company last night. Use our shower, borrow my clothes" he remarks, and I instantly feel bad for leaving Mila alone like that.

"Thank you man. I appreciate that."

Austin nods back at me, and I head upstairs to do what he told me. I'm anxious to talk to Mila, so I keep the shower as short as possible. I find some clean boxers, a white shirt and some comfortable shorts of Austin's, and put them on. I head over to Mila's and my room with my heart beating out of my chest. I need to make this right.

Just when I'm about to open the door, it falls open quietly by itself. Bree emerges, careful not to wake Mila. Her eyes meet mine, and I'm surprised to see that they don't look angry at me.  "Finally" she says quietly. "I know she wants to see you."

"Bree, I'm really sorry for last night. I wasn't myself" I say, apologising to her next. 

"I know. Austin told me about your past with drinking. That's no excuse and I'm not happy, but I'm not mad at you. Please just make things right with Mila. She's hurt, she was crying a lot last night" Bree explains. 

My heart is in pain knowing that I've caused all of this. "I'll try my best, thank you Bree" I say. With that, she steps aside. I take another deep breath and close the door behind me.

__________

Please vote :) x