Chapter 1: The Two Bounty Hunters

"Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past.

Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness — creatures of destruction — the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust".

Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life.

But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... darkness will return.

So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called "free world", but take heed... there will be no victory in strength."

Somewhere near the shores, a group of people was running away from what seemed to look like an enormous black crab covered with red and white patterns. Its size is enormous, reaching almost the height of a house. Looking at the running prey it hissed and followed them with its ten claw-like legs.

"H-Help!" One of them yelled, hoping that somebody was nearby. Hoping even a hunter or huntress would come and rescue them from the Grimm.

Sadly, nobody came as they continued to run through the muddy sand as raindrops dropped on the ground, creating a splashing sound for every creature to hear. Looking behind, they could see a pair of glowing crimson red eyes stare back at them with murderous intents as the moon was covered by clouds, not letting any light through.

This causes fear among them as adrenaline pumps through their veins, though it didn't help, as the Grimm was gaining on them fast. As they all were about to run out of stamina, a new sound echoed through the sky.

*Whoosh! *

An object flew past them and pierced through the Grimm's armor before multiple more appeared, but each of them were in spectral form as they pierced from different angles. The Grimm looked around to locate where its attacker came from, and it was not long before a person clads in black hooded coat stepped forward.

No one knew who they were, but the people who ran away were glad to see someone came to their rescue.

"You guys should get out of here before things get messy." From the voice, they could hear it was a male, and a young one at that, which surprises them. Nonetheless, they quickly left, not questioning the young boy's presence at all.

Looking back, the young boy could see the Grimm that he attacked was charging at him furiously. He moved one of his fingers behind, causing a string to move with it and not soon after, a huge explosion occurred on where the Grimm was.

Smokes came out from the Grimm's body as it hissed in pain from the sudden explosion all over its body. There were burnt marks all over its body as it was heavily wounded by the explosion.

Suddenly, several more Grimm's, who all look as crabs appeared from the sea with one of them being three sizes bigger than the rest.

"So that's our target, huh?"

Despite being surrounded by several Grimm's, the young boy didn't seem bothered by it, but he made sure to keep his guard up in case of any surprises. Suddenly, he heard a voice over the radio in his ear.