35: The treaty

Sunday was pretty boring, I stayed home in my pjs and watched tv with dad on the couch. Today dad received a call from Carlisle asking if I could go on a "camping" with him and his family on this fine sunny Monday, which my dad said yes to.

I knew we were going camping, it's a sunny day out and the diamonds don't want to shine so we are probably going to train or something.

"Ready for school?" Bella asks as I come down the stairs

"Uh I'm not going to school, dad didn't tell you?"

"No he left a while ago"

"The Cullens invited me over for something so I won't be going"

"Ok? Who's picking you up?"

"I actually don-" my phone starts ringing.

"I'm outside"

"Well good morning to you too, I'll be right out"

"Okay"

"Rose is picking me up" I smile. "I gotta go" I run out the front door before she can say anything.

"Is it just me or does she have an attitude?"

"Who Bella?"

"Yeah, when she asked who was getting you she had an attitude"

"Did anyone ever tell you it's not nice to eve's drop on other peoples conversations" I put on my seatbelt.

"Vampire hearing, I can't help myself and i don't care" she starts the car.

                   ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

The whole way from my house to the Cullens I told Rose the events that happened Friday, let's just say she wasn't too happy with the way I acted. She said I need to be more careful and strong about it, that I can't let my feelings get the best of me, and she was right.

"GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE" I scream as I come through the front door.

"Why do you always have to be so loud?" Edwards asks from the couch.

"It's not like anyone sleeps here" I laugh. "Did I wake anyone!"

"Obviously not sweetheart" Esme come from the kitchen. "I made you breakfast" she smiles.

"What would I do without you" I get up and hug her. "I'd die" We laugh and walk in the kitchen.

"Good morning"

"Good morning Carlisle, could I ask a few questions?" I get on the chair counter.

"Yeah sure, what is on your mind"

"She wants to know about the treaty, someone yesterday told her a tribe legend"

"Edward I can speak for myself" I give him a sarcastic smile, and he laughs. "But yes he's right"

"Well a long time ago we came here not knowing who lived here, we were hunting in unknown territory and were caught by Ephraim Black"

"That's Jacob's great grandfather he was the chief of the Quileute tribe"

"That's right, they thought we were monsters, when we proved him not he decided to make a treaty with us we promised several things as they did"

"Things like what? What were the conditions?"

"We are not allowed on Quileute territory, we can't feed on humans, we can't turn another human, neither hurt them"

"And what did the Quileute promised?" I ask.

"The can't come on our land, they will keep our secret, and they cannot injure us"

"And it has worked this far?"

"Yes, we stayed true to the treaty"

"Can I ask one more thing" I set my plate on the dishwasher.

"Anything"

"How was Emphraim black? Like as a person?"

"He was a very understanding person, cared and worried about his people a lot, he would do anything to protect them"

"He sounds like a wonderful person" I smile. "Wait wait one more" Edward, Rose, Esme, and Carlisle laugh.

"What is it sweetheart?"

"I know they are descended from wolves but can they actually?"

"Yes they can, we don't know how it really works but we assume it has something to do with us"

"You can always ask Billy" Edward asks.

"I think I will"