An Epée-ic Journey: Part Two

Thursday, the day before the competition and a week before the class trip, you find yourself on the roof at lunchtime again with Garou.
"You nervous?" he asks as you lean back against his broad chest, his hands wandering softly under your shirt.
"No."
"Didn't think so. You know you're gonna kick everyone's ass," he grins, plans on coming to watch, wouldn't miss this arousing spectacle for anything.
"Well, I wouldn't quite use those words myself..." you say.
"What's the prize?"
You turn around, a little surprised by the question.
"It's only the regionals. There's no prize yet."
"Then I'll give you one. In fact, you can have a preview right now," he grabs your hand and places playfully it on his quickly hardening cock.
"Ah, the gift that keeps on giving," you say as you start to rub your hand against his pants. "But what if someone else wins? Will you give it to them instead?"
"Fuck that! Ain't no one else getting their hands on this..."
"...trophy?" you suggest helpfully.
"You got it," and there's that roguish flash in his eyes again.
"I'm very honoured," you smile and lean back against him and his erection.
"So, what time tonight? I'm sure you got a lot of...tension...to release," he says. Always so caring and attentive.
"No, not tonight. I'm staying to train with Shinbo an extra hour and then I have to pack and check my gear."
"Again?" he almost whines.
"Better safe than sorry," you say. How very pedantic of you. "And I want to go to bed early. I'm sure you can wait until tomorrow to celebrate."
"Tch...I don't know. It's pretty long."
"Oh, I'm sure it's even longer than that," you keep up with his innuendo just as the first bell rings.
"Well, what the hell am I supposed to do with this?" he nods downwards.
"You're a smart boy, I'm sure you can figure something out," you wink at him as you get up and brush down your shirt.
You're so cruel. So, so cruel.

It's around 7:30pm when you've just finished your dinner and are about to take a nice relaxing warm bath when your phone rings. 'Tama' flashes up on the screen. She's been calling frequently with Metal Bat news and updates these last few days so you decide it's safe to ignore it for an hour and continue to get undressed.
The more undressed you get the more you start to regret not taking Garou up on his offer. Maybe you can have a nice solo session in the bath. Yes, that sounds perfect, and you know exactly what you're going to imagine too, naughty girl...
Your phone rings again. 'Tama'.
You sigh a little impatiently. You don't want to have fifty missed calls so you finally answer.
"Tama, I can't talk about Metal Bat right n-"
"It's Garou," she says curtly, her voice stony, so unlike her.
She actually used his name. Suddenly you know it's something serious.
"What about Garou?" you ask, your own voice tensing as you sit down on your neatly made bed, Okuninushi weaving between your legs.
"Well, you know how I've been trying to find him," she means Metal Bat, "so someone said on LINE that he might be going to-"
"Tama!" your voice almost snaps. "What about Garou?"
"Anyway, so I went but I couldn't find him so I started back home and I was walking past that park, you know near the river, and-"
"TAMA!"
"I think they had a fight," you can hear the tears (for Metal Bat) welling up in her eyes. Oh God. This is starting to sound bad. Very bad. Tama never cries. "He's pretty bad...Blood everywhere. I only saw Bad from afar and by the time I ran over he was gone, but - I fucking hate that asshole!" she means Garou as she holds back a sob. "But...you better go and see for yourself. He left pretty quick but I don't know if he'll make it home, if that's where he was going."
The colour completely drains from your face.
"I'm...I'm going," you stammer and hang up, throwing on the clothes you just took off, grabbing your house keys and rushing out the door without leaving a note.
You run down the streets until your heart feels like it might explode, slowing down to a fast walk when you physically can't run anymore. The distance, itself not very big, seems like an eternity now.
Finally, you arrive at his building almost doubled over. There are drops of blood on the steps. Oh God. You run inside and up the stairs, following the morbid trail.
You bang mercilessly on the door, completely ignoring any sense of propriety or politeness. You keep banging until it slowly draws open and you barge into the quickly darkening room.
Even in this dim light you can tell that it looks bad - his body bloody, blue and raw.
He's swaying on his feet, goes to say something to you but the words somehow don't make it out.
"I'm calling an ambulance!" your voice is unusually loud in panic.
"No!" he musters up a moment of lucidity.
"But-!"
"No!" he roars again. "If you do that, they'll-" and then his eyes glaze over. The last thing he sees is your face, your eyes starting to glisten. It blurs out and he's out cold on the couch.
You cry out from surprise and quickly check if he's still breathing, which, to your infinite relief, he is. You really need to get him some medical attention but the edge in his words makes you hesitate. You stroke his forehead, drenched in blood and cold sweat, not knowing what to do.
Then you take a deep breath and push all your fear and worry out of your mind. You enter problem-solving mode. You gather up a small pile of wet towels and bowl of water and bandages (of which he seems to have an abundant supply) and plasters and other first aid bits and pieces.
You clean off as much of the blood as you can as the water in the bowl quickly turns pink, and disinfect as many of the wounds as you can see, thinking he's lucky to be unconscious for this part.
When you've taken care of as much of the bloody mess as possible you get out your phone and as calmly as you can under the circumstances, dial Shinbo's number.
"Hey, hey!" his cheerful voice greets you. "Feeling a bit nervous cuz? Need some reassurance?" he teases affectionately.
"Shinbo," you start and your business-like tone wipes off his smile, "you need to go tomorrow. Please get ready."
There's a moment of tense silence.
"What happened?"
"Something...came up," your voice is flat.
"Are you alright? Is everything fine?" he starts to sound alarmed.
"Yes. I'm fine. But I can't go tomorrow. I have to..."
Another tense silence as you don't know how to finish the sentence.
"It's him, isn't it?" Shinbo huffs. "What the hell's he done?"
"Who?" you ask carefully, a little on edge.
"Oh come on," he admonishes. "You think I haven't noticed? He's always skulking around you. I don't know what you're thinking but he's not worth it."
"I don't know what you mean," your voice is almost robotic now. "I can't go tomorrow and you promised me you'd take my place if something happened. I was counting on you."
Shinbo runs his hand through his hair, his frustration showing. Why can't you see that this son of a bitch is nothing but bad news? But Shinbo loves you and he did promise.
"Yes, alright. I'll go," he finally agrees. "What do I tell the others?"
"Just say it was a family emergency."
"Alright, but are you sure you're ok? Where are you?"
"Yes, I'm fine," you answer his first question but not the second. "Thank you. Good night."