Chapter 17:Final Fight

We made it back to the compound and I was so done with today.

"Thanks a lot." I gruffly mumble to pax.

He quickly turned around in surprise.

"What did I do?" He questioned confused.

"You just left me with Eric to fend for myself and didn't even try to help me escape." I tell him.

"What did you want me to do? Go and fight him! No thanks I choose life! So sorry If i didn't help you make a master plan to escape from the evil man's clutches." He yells at me

"You could have at least walked with me." I muttered. Butt hurt about the whole situation. I was just salty that he didn't even try to talk to me when I was next to Eric.

"No thank you! The man already threatened to push us off the fence. I don't want to stand next to him when he gets angry." He let out with a bewildered face trying to figure out why I was trying to put his life at risk.

"You're being ridiculous he just made up that threat he wouldn't actually have done it." I yelled at him.

"Really and how...." He was cut off though.

"Actually I probably would have if I was angry enough." I hear from behind me. And even though I already knew who it was, Pax direct eye contact to the floor just confirmed it.

Turning to tell him off. I see everyone standing around looking at us and then I realized everyone was listening. Mortified with the thought I hurried and scurried away trying to pretend that THAT didn't just happen.

Not wanting to face anybody, I ate dinner late just to avoid any confrontation. After my quiet dinner I slowly made my way to the dorms to go to bed. As I walked in everybody turned to look at me but they instantly looked away afraid of what I could do to them. They treat me like Eric without a second thought.

I go lay in my bed and just block out all the noise. I think long and hard about everything like what am I going to do for the rest of my life, how is training going to go after tomorrow, why does Eric do the things he does. After all my thinking I slowly just drift to sleep.

I woke up to an ominous feeling; probably because Eric is not the one waking me up and the last time that happened I almost missed part of our training.

I went about my normal day. Get up, get dressed, go eat breakfast; I started my normal run, nothing unusual.

But I just couldn't stop thinking. I've never over thought this much. I started thinking about who will I fight today since I have to train separately with Eric. Will they even let me fight?

I'm at the top of the leaderboard and I haven't budged since I got here, but will that change in the second part?

I'm startled out of my thoughts. "What are you doing? You're supposed to be training not slacking off. Get ready for your fight!"

Looking up I see Eric glaring down at me.

"I'm just waiting for everyone to get here." I muttered.

"Get up! 20 laps now then head right over to the punching bags." He shouted down to me.

I get up and started my 20 laps but before I knew it I was finished. Did I really just finish all my laps? With my brows frowned I look at the track in confusion. I must be getting faster. I make my way over to the punching bags.

"I said 20 laps. Go finish." Eric shouted.

"I'm done."

"What do you mean you're done? there's no way you finished already."