Chapter 29: Heart Racing

Clara Bell's POV

"Do you remember what time was the shoot started?" Chief Inspector Penn started after he turned on the slim rectangular mini recorder and placed it on the small center table that seated between us. We were sitting by the wall-mounted shelvings of arrows and arrows of books. A mini setting arranged for readers. Behind me was a panelled window, smaller than the wide window where the big mahogany table was sitting, at the other end of the rectangular room. The small window gave a natural light in the room.  

My dad was sitting on the single armchair by the the other end of the shelvings, across us. Still a hearing distance. He was quiet the whole time the interrogation started, but I could feel that he was fuming inside.

"About 10 in the morning," I answered looking straight into the officer's eyes.

"What kind of shoot was it?"

"It's a lingerie spring collection. VS decided to lease Mrs. Ratskin's place fo a day. Her master bedroom was perfect for the theme, satins and laces," I reminisced, thoughts transporting back when they entered the place.

Claire's hand was hooked around her elbow as they climbed up the elaborated staircase up to the upper floor of her suite. The railing was intricately done, customized to the owner's taste.

We were welcomed with a bright light coming from the glass wall on the very end of the room as soon as we walked into the master bedroom.

The room was decorated with a romantic setting. Silk and laces everywhere, blush pink coloured walls and high ceilings, an elaborated chandelier just above the bed. The Californian king size bed was placed in the middle of the huge room along the oversized velvet purple hue headboard. Across it was the fireplace, the mood setter.

"Oh my God, this room is out of this world!" Nemeah exclaimed as she ran to the bed and then she throws herself onto the soft, silky bed. Feeling the lavender satin covers that covered the bed.

"Okay, girls start getting ready," Austin walked inside and started setting up his camera, lights and other equipments.

Tracy started giving us the lingerie that's designed for each models, including me. Half hour past, Austin and Martin started calling models to start shooting.

"Shoots were taken place on her bed, near her windows, her bathroom and walk-in closet," I recalled. "They took some photos on the stairs and living room, but mostly in her master bedroom," I added on.

"Who was with you in the master bedroom?"

"The cameramen, Austin and his nephew, Martin. Claire, Nemiah, Brittany..." My forehead slightly crinkled as I tried to wrack my memory, lips moving fast as names pouring out of my mouth.

The second police officer was just taking notes aside from the recorder that was still running while the Chief was intently listening, studying me at the same time.

"Do you know all of them personally? Like have you hang out with them before?... after work?" he paused, a creased formed between his eyebrows, eyes gauging. "Maybe on the set, they were acting weird or out of character?" the officer asked.

"I hang out with Claire and Brittany when we get a chance. The rest, I talked with them but not for long. Like hi, hello, how are you?" I paused, shaking my head absentmindedly as I tried to recall whom I hang out with longer than just hello. But I couldn't really think of anyone I say I know personally other than Brittany and Claire. Claire?.. maybe not so much!

"It was really busy, I don't recall someone acting weird or anything. Everyone was running around to get the shoot done before the sun sets, so none of us really pays attentions to each other."