5 | sour wolf

i can't believe you brought the cat.

[ 1.06 ]

Willow walked alongside Scott, a single bag of groceries in her hand while Scott struggled to hold six. They had already gone to the third level of the parking garage only to discover that Scott's mother's car wasn't there.

"How do you lose a whole car?" Willow asked as they made their way to the fourth level.

"You're the freaking genius, Willow. Why don't you remember what level we were on?" Scott asked, raising an impatient eyebrow.

"I was texting Jackson. He's feeling a little sick," she said, shrugging. "Don't werewolves have super senses? Shouldn't you have, like, a perfect memory?"

"Tell that to my grades," he muttered. Then he sighed and pulled out the car keys and repeatedly hit the lock button as they listened for the beep of the car.

Willow couldn't hear anything, but Scott's keen hearing picked up on a sound, looking up. She sighed, knowing they were still on the wrong level.

"Get to walking, Lungs."

However, they only took about two steps before a bottle of milk toppled out of one of the shopping bags. They watched as it rolled across the ground and under a car.

"Oh, crap," Scott whispered. He sat down his grocery bags and moved to crawl under the car. But then the milk bottle rolled back out from under it, three slash marks right down the middle as it leaked onto the ground.

Then they heard a growl.

"Run!" Scott ordered, grabbing Willow's arm and bolting through the parking garage. She ran hot on his heels, but that still wasn't fast enough as he practically dragged her along. They reached the third level before hiding behind a car.

Scott held Willow tightly, holding his hand over her mouth to try and quiet her loud breathing. Of course, it did nothing to hide their location. Struck with a new idea, Scott got them moving again. This time, he jumped on top of cars, setting off their alarms. The loud noise covered up their frantic heartbeats and the sound of their retreating footsteps.

Once they got to the final level of the parking garage, they hid behind another car. Willow shut her eyes and hid her face in Scott's shoulder, hoping that the Alpha would give up on them, the loud alarms scaring him off on the off chance that witnesses would arrive to investigate.

If the plan did work, all progress went out the window when Scott's phone began to ring loudly.

"No. No, stop," he muttered, fumbling for his phone to try and silence it. Tears pricked at Willow's eyes, thinking that it had found them.

A nearby thud sounded and a moment later, a hand grabbed Scott and pulled him up and over the car. Willow screamed as Scott was slammed into the hood of the car. But as soon as she saw who had attacked, she silenced herself.