Chapter 2

"How is it you are almost always late!?"  hissed Kat at Aoko as they sat down in the small dinner to order lunch.   Kat, whose full name was Katrina Karsen was one to stand out in a crowd because her quirk changing her appearance so much.  It was called Cheetah...and it basically gave her all the attributes that the name would entail like super speed, cat like reflexes, keen eyesight and instincts, etc.  It also caused her skin to be a golden color with a few spots here and there and for here to have ear, a tail, and cat-like eyes.  Lots of people tend to stare when they see her even with appearance altering quirks being around for a while now. 

    "I was on the phone with my mom and before that Risa was in my office because I got a letter from Japan and..."  started Aoko

    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, you got a letter from Japan!  Was it from an agency?  Please tell me it was!"  begged Kat.  

    "Yes, it was, but we're here to talk about you.  What did you want to tell me so bad that you couldn't over the phone?"  Aoko asked trying to change the subject. 

     "What agency?"

"Uh, the Endeavor Agency, wait why are you so interested?  I just found out today and I don't even know for sure if I'm going to do it."

    "Cause it's about the news I wanted to tell you.  I also got a letter through the IHEP and its from Japan too!"  she squealed.  Aoko stared at her in shock.    Not that she was shocked that Kat got scouted, but that it was for the same country as herself.   They were both consider young minor heroes that lived in Chicago, Illinois.  There were dozens if not a hundred other heroes just in the city alone that could have been sent stuff! 

     "Which agency?"  Aoko asked curiously. 

"Ryukyu Hero Office, She's the Dragon hero over there and in the top ten...but that not as cool as the Endeavor Agency.  He's the number one!  That's so cool!  You have to go!  We could go together and then we would know someone when were there."  gushed Kat excitedly. 

   "But I don't think they are even in the same prefecture let alone city...I'm not even sure why they picked me out of the thousands of other heroes that would probably be better suited.  Is Endeavor known for most of his sidekicks having flame or heat related quirks too?  I don't have either."  stressed Aoko.

    "Well, what was all on your profile form for IHEP?"  asked Kat as the waitress walked over to them.

     "Hello how are you heroes doing today?  What can I get start for ya?"  she asked. 

     "I'll just take a water and one of the burgers on special please."  Kat replied quickly. 

     "Um I'll have the Chef's chicken dish and a water as well, thanks."  Aoko added as the waitress wrote everything down on her notebook.

   "Sounds great.  I'll get it going for ya."  she smiled before making her way back towards the kitchen. 

    "Alright, now back to your IHEP profile."  Kat said as she turned back to Aoko.   Aoko took her phone out of her jacket and pulled up her profile.

    "Um its nothing too special, just talks about my quirk, my strengths and weaknesses, my work experience, my schooling, my extracurriculars, you know the basics."  Aoko shrugged. 

    "Give me that."  huffed Kat as she snatched Aoko's phone out of her hand and scrolled through the profile herself.  "You don't even have an actual photo of yourself on here!"   Aoko just shrugged again.  She didn't want to be picked based on looks...and a photo wasn't required.  It wasn't like if someone really wanted to know what she looked like that it would be that hard to find.  There were plenty of pictures of her from her internship and school, even though they were a couple years or older now.