Mariah

-

"Can we go ice skating tonight?" Mariah asked LaMelo as they cuddled on the bed together. "I heard everybody at school talk about it today, and we didn't do it back home."

"Why Cuba doesn't get cold or sumn?" He asked, uninterested in the idea of going out. "Yes Cuba gets cold," she rolled her eyes before continuing, "we just didn't do it." She shrugged.

"I don't know man. That's not really my thing. We should just stay here, chill, and watch a movie." He kissed her cheek, but noticed the frown that was on her face.

They always chilled and watched a movie. She wanted to go out and enjoy her new home of California.

There was something Mariah couldn't help but think about. Maybe there was a reason why he never wanted to go out with her.

She nervously bit her cheek, not wanting to ask the question but feeling like she needed to. She wanted answers, even if she felt they may hurt her feelings.

"Am i the other girl or something?" She tucked her lips between her teeth awaiting his answer.

"Huh?" Melo asked shocked, sitting up on his arm to look at her. "Why would you say that?"

"Because, you never wanna be seen in public with me."

"I'm with you at school all the time Mariah."

"Not romantically, you treat me like I'm one of the guys. You don't hold my hand, or kiss me, or show me any of the slightest bit of affection."

He laid back down on his back and didn't reply.

"I-." She sighed. "I never made a big deal about it because I mean I don't wanna be too pushy because we aren't together but we act like we are you know. This isn't no sneaky link shit, you tell me you love me and we haven't even had sex yet." She continued to ramble on because she couldn't stand the silence.

"Mariah, there isn't anyone else." He stated plainly hoping she would drop the issue.

"Then why haven't we made it official? Why don't you show me off like I deserve to be? It's been 7 months Lamelo. I'm not asking you to marry me I just don't wanna feel like we're hiding."

He blew out a breath of frustrated air and rubbed his hands down his face. "I'm gonna sound like an asshole for this." He looked at her and she stared back intently.

"It's ..."

"It's what, LaMelo?"

"It's because of your weight." He spoke fast. Bracing himself for her reaction.

Mariah's eyebrows furrowed and she crossed her arms across her chest.

"What does my weight have to do with anything."

She was a plus sized girl, yeah, so what? She was a baddie too. Her size didn't define her and she didn't lack confidence because of it.

"I'm beautiful regardless."

"I know, and you are, and I love you like that. Your size doesn't change anything about that. It's just my brand ya know." He scratched the back of his head nervously. "I have a certain image to uphold."

Mariah nodded her head, while biting her tongue. Truth be told she wasn't sad about it. She was angry. "My weight doesn't define how you, or anybody else should treat me. I am a queen and will be treated as such. If you're too embarrassed to love me out in the open, I'll find another man who will."
-

I'm slowly but surely pushing out these request 😀 do y'all not like Just Junie 🥲?