3. SIN

I had butterflies in my stomach.

It was something I had heard the other Omega's say when they were about to meet with an Alpha. I had never understood it until recently. It was supposed to be a good thing but it didn't feel like it. This was a lot different than Draven telling me that I was going to live with them.

I had gotten to get to know him during the years but now I was going to meet an Alpha I had never met before.

"Are you sure we shouldn't have waited for Draven to get back?" I asked Bella for the third time since we left.

She waved a hand at me. "I'll call him once we get home."

I nodded, but her words did nothing to ease some of the worry I felt. We left early because Bella said that it was best to drive before it got hot. Nobody had been awake when we left.

"He'll worry," I muttered.

"I'll text him, okay? Will that make you feel better?" she asked me.

"Yes."

We drove in silence for a few minutes. Being close to Bella felt nice. The only scent that clung to her skin was her own which was a bit disappointing. Her scent wasn't bad, I liked it but a part of me kind of liked the other more. Well, one specific scent.

"We're almost there," she said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I frowned. We hadn't been on the road for long, or maybe I had been so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize how much time had actually passed.

"I'm going to stay in a cottage, right?"

"Yes. It has everything you need and it's close to the house in case you need anything or there's an emergency." Her hold on the steering wheel tightened. "There's something I have to tell you. I don't really mention this to someone I've just met but since you're going to live with us I think you should know."

I swallowed. "Is it bad?"

"No, no!" she assured me. "Nothing bad."

"Tell me," I urged when she remained silent.

"I. . .I have two Alphas," Bella said so softly that I almost didn't hear her. "Michel and I are bonded. We've been bonded for a few years now."

"And the other Alpha?" I asked.

"He's part of our relationship. We're all a family even thought Tyrone hasn't bonded me." Bella glanced at me. "Tyrone isn't happy about this arrangement but Michel's okay with it."

"If he's not—"

"Don't take it personally," she interrupted. "Tyrone is protective of our little family. There was a time where we thought that an Omega would. . .be good for us. They need things that I can't provide for them, but it didn't work out."

"What happened?" I leaned closer to her. "Did they do something to her?"

Bella shook her head and after another glance at me she focused her full attention on the road. The truck slowed and a second later she pulled onto a bumpy road. We drove down it for a few minutes before she turned again.

My eyes widened when I spotted the house ahead of us. It was nothing like Draven's house.

"Wow."

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I nodded. "Wait till you see the inside."

Parking the truck next to another one that looked almost similar, Bella leaned back in the seat and turned her head to look at me. Her eyes darted over my face for a moment before they darted away.