thirty.

deadly games❝game master❞

deadly games
game master

  AFTER THE TEN OF HEARTS GAME, you decided to leave with Arisu and Usagi. The three of you still had to find a shelter, since no one returned to the original world after clearing the last game. Maybe Hatter was right and you needed all those cards in order to leave, but that idea sounded so unrealistic.

  Arisu suggested that you three should spend the night at Karube's bar. It brought you and Arisu a comfort that you didn't know such a place could give you. Since Karube spent years working here, it was practically home.
  It looked exactly as you remembered when you walked inside. However, it was dark outside and there was no source of lightning. You missed the electricity, provided by the Beach.

  "I think there are still some pillows and blankets in the back. I'll go check." you said, earning a nod from Arisu.

  The storage closet was where you used to sleep the nights for a while, after you were kicked out. It wasn't a comfortable way to sleep at all, but this bar felt more at home than your actual house.
  On a shelf, a few blankets were folded nicely and five small pillows next to them. That should be enough for a night. You agreed with Arisu and Usagi, that you shouldn't spend more than one night there.
  You picked up three of those folded blankets and three pillows. When you came back to the other two, they were sitting on the floor, engaged in a conversation. That conversation stopped when they acknowledged your presence.

  "Don't let me interrupt." you threw one of the pillows at Arisu and he had no reaction to that. After the events of 'the witch hunt', none of you were in a great mood, but you still tried to make them feel better.

  Usagi stood up to help you with the blankets, placing them nicely on the floor. You threw the two pillows left in your hands on each blanket.
After the three of you were able to make something to help you sleep, you were the first one laying down. Arisu laid in the middle, having both you and Usagi to his sides.

  You didn't know how much time passed since you were staring at the ceiling, burying yourself in your own thoughts. There was only one thought that kept bothering you though. That was the face of Chishiya. Whenever you tried to close your eyes, all you could see was his face wearing that smirk of his. It was wrong for you to miss him and have feelings for him, after everything he put your best friend through. Chishiya also chose anything else over you, more than once. He'd rather die than marry you, he chose the cards and he even chose Kuina. Will it ever be your turn? Because everytime he picked something or someone else over you, it made you feel smaller.

  "Hey, what happened?" Arisu whispered to you with concern. You thought he was asleep. "Why are you crying?"

  "What? I'm crying?" you asked surprised and your right hand went up to touch your wet cheeks. "Shit. I don't know why I am crying."

  "I think I might have an idea why." Arisu sighed and you didn't say a word, urging him to go on. "You miss him, right? Chishiya, I mean."

  "Why would I miss that son of a bitch? He caused me nothing more than pain and he left you to die. Twice."