Chapter 36

Elly

Music died down and people froze on their spots making them to stop whatever they were doing. They gave their full attention towards Alpha while gathering around like he was a beacon. An Alpha's voice held that much power and his presence demanded attention.

Aunt Christa visibly flinched and gulped bowing her head down. It took her while to collect herself but her evil smile came back replacing the fear she had shown. It didn't take a second for me realised what caused her sudden change as 'he' spoke walking through the crowd.

"We decided that Alpha Anderson" Elder Morris, Aunt Christabella's father, said.

The crowd parted giving him enough space to walk towards us and he stood next to Aunt Christa facing Alpha and my family. I was few feet away facing all of them without anybody on my side. Drake growled lowly and tried to come my way but another Elder stepped in blocking me from his view. I recognised him as Elder Warren who considered my mom as an asset to bring allies and money to the pack than a valuable pack member who helped to make werewolves' lives better. 

Drake growled again but this time Alpha Anderson looked over his shoulder and mindlinked him saying something. Because the moment they stopped mindlinking Drake stop growling and settled into a death glare towards Elder Warren and Elder Morris.

"What's going on?" Alpha Anderson questioned in a deadly voice. "When did you have the time to decide? Even I heard them being mates today..." then he looked at Elder Warren, "I suggest you to move aside so my son can see Elly. You know not to mess with an Alpha wolf when it comes to his mate"

His voice was calm but anybody could feel the silent threat that he sent towards Elders. I could see surprised faces and some happy faces among the crowd hearing the news but nobody uttered a word since their Alpha was present and he was clearly angry.

Elder Warren moved and stood beside me. Drake sighed in relief and sent me a sad smile.

'I'm sorry baby. I wanted to come and take you away. But my father thinks Elders are planning something and he didn't want me to cause any trouble. He asked me to wait patiently to see what their plan is. Otherwise this will turn out as they want'

I nodded my head, 'it's okay! I understand'

I was glad that Alpha was on my side but who would know what Elders had planned in their mind, since they had come to a decision even before we tell our own parents about being us mates.

I should have known something big was going to happen when I saw Aunt Christa at the party, because before this she would never even thought about attending an occasion specially thrown for us.

"We guessed just like you guessed Alpha. We just waited for a confirmation" Elder Warren smirked.

Then he looked at me with pure admiration in his eyes. A shiver ran down my body causing goosebumps to appear on my skin. He looked at me the way he would look at my mom, an asset! may be a trophy to show off.

Drake's growl made him take his eyes off of me instantly and I couldn't be more grateful. My mom gave me a sad smile but her eyes told me everything would be alright. I tried to think that way too but my instinct told me this was not going to end well.

"Alright! But can you explain to me why she DOESN'T DESERVE to be the Luna of this pack. If anything I can't find a better Luna than her" Alpha Anderson spat.

I should be happy to hear those words but seeing the smirk on Elder Morris's face I shrank on my spot.

"If it was the case then why didn't she accept her mate right away"

I bit my lip and clenched my hands closing my eyes for a second, wishing to make myself invisible from everyone but Elder Morris continued.

"She played what?! Hide and seek? With her own mate, an Alpha? And she didn't even bothered to come and talk to him for four to five months?"

Accurate..

"She went around with another boy even if she knew Drake was his mate"

Yes! But it was to not to get caught. I wasn't in love with Josh.

"And she injured two of our best warriors"

Again...! Not to get caught.

"She let our future Alpha almost go crazy trying to find his mate"

Guilt hit me so hard and I looked at Drake's beautiful face. He suffered a lot because of me and I didn't even say sorry.

"She hated being Luna of this pack and his mate. Ask Josh!"

I searched the crowd for Josh like everyone else and found him with Biyanka by his side. They both had shocked expression on their faces and Josh glared at Biyanka.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think they would use it against her" Biyanka pleaded looking at Josh, "I told Bella twins, it was our fault that Elly didn't want to be with Drake. And I didn't mean anything else. I'm sorry Elly!"

I nodded at her and gave her a small smile to tell her it was okay. But truly it wasn't okay. I saw hurt and disappointment on others faces, specially on my family's, Alpha Anderson's and finally Drake's.

I looked down and tried to control my shaky breaths.

"Do you think just because she achieved something or invented a new medicine she's suitable to be a Luna. She's weak and can't take any responsibilities. If she did she would have try to solve this problem instead of trying to run away. What if Drake didn't figure it out. She would have stay hidden and would've gone to a medical college far away. I'm sure she wouldn't have return back if that happened" Elder Morris said furiously. "Whatever she did, she did it for her own benefit not because she really cared about others. Ask her to give up on her career and choose being the Luna. She would not accept it...."

"Enough!!"

A voice boomed through the house making everyone go silent in an instant. And I stood still shocked because that voice.... it...it belonged to none other than me.