109 | i'm not God

ONE HUNDRED NINE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

WHILE GAMES WERE ongoing in the arena, Wakatoshi Ushijima stood at the airport; his hands tucked in his dress pants as he waited for a particular person. He left the arena, leaving Tendō there in block 126, about an hour or so ago when the game of USA vs Australia ended and managed to make it here on time for the plane's landing.

He'd been running back and forth during the Olympics week due to some requests from his father, who he was very close with, despite the divorce of his parents and his long-distance relationship with his father.

The reason why he was dressed up so early on the morning he gave Seinaru a truck of flowers was because he had to run errands that came with his father's requests, which included fixing up living arrangements for a guest and the like.

Takashi Utsui, Wakatoshi's father worked with the Irvine Polar Bears in USA as a training coach. He just so happens to be good friends with someone in particular as well, that was the point of Ushiwaka's errands this past week.

Holding up a sign with a name written in the English alphabet, his eyes scanned the people who were exiting the plane from the States.

"My, you're Takashi's son, huh?" A slight twang of an American accent was present in the man's voice as he gave Ushiwaka a smile.

Ushiwaka's eyes widened slightly as he went to greet the man in English as well. "Mister-"

"Oh, don't sweat it, I'll just adjust." The man waved it off, now speaking in fluent Japanese, making Ushiwaka a bit taken aback.

"You can speak Japanese." Ushijima said more than asked, but the man nodded.

"I am half-Japanese, and I did live here most of my life, y'know?" He shrugged, before looking at the expensive silver watch clasped around his wrist. "Well, would ya' look at the time."

He looked at Ushijima with a smile. "You brought a car with you, right?"

"Yes, sir." The ace nodded at his father's good friend.

"Alright." The guest hummed in approval as he towed his luggage with him while Ushiwaka guided the both of them to the parking lot.

The two were now inside the car, with the guest in the backseat looking out the window as they passed familiar buildings he used to see a long time ago. A soft hum of music was on the car radio, until Ushiwaka opted to change it to the sports channel.

"The third game for the round robin semi-finals just concluded, ladies and gentlemen." The announcer of the Olympics could be heard, making both men in the car perk up. "Japan vs Argentina, with Japan bagging the win."

The man noticed the way Ushiwaka's brows knitted together when he heard the news, it was as if he was concerned with the basketball games of the Olympics, which he found quite unusual. "Say, son, you seem interested in basketball - but I heard you're a volleyball player like your father."