21.

The sound of multiple social media notifications woke Asha up from her sleep

       The sound of multiple social media notifications woke Asha up from her sleep. She'd already forced herself back to sleep once but now she couldn't do it a second time. She fluttered her eyes open and giggled at Sanchez inches away from her face lightly snoring. She brushed a few locs away from his face and knew he was probably grateful for her satin sheets and pillowcase. He slept with a durag every night but forgot to ask her for a scarf or bonnet last night. It either slipped his mind or he was too tired to care because he fell asleep within minutes of them laying down.

Since they weren't touching, she climbed from the bed to wash her face and brush her teeth. The digital clock on her night stand read 6:15am which meant he could sleep a hour or two longer and she could do whatever she needed to. By time she was ready to take on the morning, she heard talking from downstairs which meant Victoria was up. At first she was going to walk down and see what Victoria was up to until she passed her room and saw Sanchez stirring in his sleep. She walked back in, closed the door, and got back in the bed. He barely opened his eyes before he reached out to her and brought her closer to him.

"Morning." she whispered against his lips. He only hummed and entangled their legs in attempt to fall back asleep.

She brushed her thumb over his eyebrow and ever so gently rubbed their noses together. He had such a cute nose – it was fairly wide and a little plump. A little bell pepper nose. The action made him crack one of his eyes open and look at her. She smiled making the corner of his lips lift.

"Come on, get up. You went to sleep way before me."

He shook his head and closed his eyes back. Asha reached between them and put the tips of her fingers in his briefs. When his eyes popped open she laughed and took her hand out.

"Yeah, come on and get up." she spoke against his lips again then gave him a kiss. "You didn't miss me in your sleep?"

He put his finger to her mouth, telling her to stop talking. She gasped in shock only for him to throw the cover off them and climb from her bed. She watched him turn his back to her as he picked up his joggers from the floor, put them back on, and walked out the room. While he went to go use the bathroom she got up and remade her bed and sat his shirt on the bed and his shoes near the wall. The sight of his sneakers made her look at the bag of sneakers she had to return later that day.

When he reappeared in her doorway she already knew what it was for so she grabbed a face rag and toothbrush for him. He left back out and Victoria walked in.

"Well, goodmorning. What you did last night?" she playful glanced around the room like she'd find evidence of something.

"Minded my business. What did you do?"

"Slept alone because my man finally learned to give me a break after continuous days under each other. I'll probably see him tonight tho. Ooh you got new shoes? I wanna see."