Chapter 1 - The Long-Lost Tears

I don't know, but this chapter may feel somewhat cringe or maybe just full of clichés.

~~~

第1章 長く失われた涙

(Rimuru's Perspective)

As I had expected, Feldway and Michael would be opponents who were much more troublesome than Rudra. But I really didn't expect that the trouble they caused would be of this scale. I imagined it might be impossible for me to ever understand those two. Going so far as to sacrifice the whole world just to revive him, it was just incomprehensible.

However, if I were to say myself, I didn't exactly have a place to blame them. After all, back when Tempest was at war with Falmuth, I did sacrifice the whole coalition army of Falmuth-Western Holy Church just for reviving Shion and the other dead citizens. Their thought to destroy and sacrifice the world who had sacrificed its own creator to revive the creator himself wasn't irrational; at least from emotional standpoint.

But Veldanava had always favored this world.

It all began at some point in a far past, more than thousands of years ago, when he deliberately abandoned his omnipotence and omniscience. He chose the Cardinal World as his base of operation out of all the worlds he created after that, leaving the Heavenly Star Palace, his birthplace.

He observed the development of his own creation closely. He met with so many exceptional individuals and befriended them.

The first person was from the Demon race, the oldest and the strongest one of them. Not in the slightest doubt that he was the strongest, he daringly challenged Veldanava to fight.

The result was the demon's complete defeat. His strongest attacks were easily blocked and deflected, while Veldanava only needed one swift attack to beat him onto the ground. After that, they befriended each other.

Veldanava offered him to be his agent, to hold the role of a "mediator" to watch over the world, the one who would maintain the balance of power and prevent humanity in particular and the world in general from falling into their self-destruction.

He was none other than Guy Crimson; the Lord of Darkness, the first and the oldest of the Demon Lords as well as one of the Seven Primordial Demons, Rouge the Primordial Red.

The next two people he met were a prince and a princess from a certain human kingdom, namely the Kingdom of Nasca. 

Through some series of events, they became Veldanava's friends and disciples. The prince made a pact with Veldanava, that he would defeat the evil Demon Lord; and conquer and unite the world under his banner one day. That prince was Rudra; the first and the strongest Hero throughout the history of mankind.

After spending quite some time with them, for the first time in his unimaginably long life, Veldanava started to feel a weird feeling. That feeling grew more apparent as time flew. It was particularly felt when he was together with Lucia, Rudra's younger sister.

When he confessed his feeling to her, it turned out that she also had the same feeling towards him. At this point, they finally understood...

...

...

...

They fell in love with each other...

...

But at the same time, the wheel of destiny spun greatly, sealing the world's and their fate the moment they understood each other's feelings.

...