Trust that I know what I'm doing

After one month, three weeks, two days, and six and a half hours of headaches, agony, anger, frustration, lack of sleep, and pain, Kyle finally proceeds to inject Lindsey with the antidote.
Once the medication begins to work it should start reversing a majority of the damages caused by all the precious treatments, they will also get her started on immunodeficiency meds to help her immune system rebuild itself while also adding an injection of a bacteria found in poop that also help boost her immune system bringing her close to normal.

The team sits and waits, it's only been two hours since they injected her with the medicine, Kyle is going over everything that he did with Dr. Mirani over the video, she stares at him and smiles "You are quite a bright mind you know" he glances at her "Well, to be honest, I thought my brain cells would fail me at some point"

She raises her hands over her head "It happens to the best of us, especially when you are working with people that instead of lifting you, continue to bring you down. Think about it, you could've had this in three weeks tops. He starts cackling "Don't even remind me of that, I swear to God, those were some frustrating days, but what's important is that she will get better, hopefully."

She leans forward "You know, if you ever want a change of scenery, I can offer you a spot in one of the hospitals I oversee, you would be an integral part of my team, and one that would be appreciated for what he is, excellent. You understand the complexity of the human body and you know that things have to get ugly before they get prettier." She stands from her chair and points her pen at the screen "And that is a gift that only the rarest of people share and is a product of pain and solitude"

His smile widens "I'll keep that in mind, who knows, maybe I will, but for now, I have to go check on my patient, but once again, thank you for everything Dr. Mirani" She stares at him "Child, this was all you, nobody else but you, you did that, you accomplished the unaccomplishable, you made possible what seemed impossible, so you remember that the next time some calls you simply a nurse ok? You are so much more and who knows, you continue down this path and you will go down in the history books, just like Florence Nightingale and many more, but like you said, for now, just take care, my friend"

After chatting with Doctor Mirani, Kyle sends his team home and heads to see how Lindsey is doing, as he covers her up with a blanket he turns to the parents

"Lindsey is getting better, it's still too soon to know much, but you can already see that her spirit is lifting and there is a brighter energy surrounding her eyes" he puts a hand on Mr. Garcia's shoulder "so why don't you guys go down and eat, and maybe even take a bath, I'll stay with her in the meantime"

Both parents take Kyle's advice and head back to their hotel, meanwhile, Kyle decides to stay with her overnight.

Once the sun has risen, Kyle wakes up and goes to see how Lindsey is doing, as he walks into the room, he sees brightness in her parent's eyes, when he looks past them, he sees a young happy nine-year-old. The treatment worked; Lindsey would get to live.

He isn't even inside the room when the Garcias englobe him in a very very tight hug, the rest of the team watches from afar exchanging looks with one another, surprised he lets them hug him in the first place. Once they step back Mrs. Garcia addresses him

"You have no idea how thankful I am to you, we are, you didn't give up, you were whiling to lose your license for our daughter, that is something that we will never be able to repay you for, but instead, we will donate 450 thousand dollars to the pediatric unit of this hospital so they can develop a top of the art research study so you can keep doing what you just did for our daughter"