I did this for them not you

Two weeks have passed since the agonizing pain of working tirelessly to find what was wrong with Lindsey. Kyle returns to work after a well deserved and much needed vacation. As he walks through the main entrance of the hospital he is received with cheers, applauses and praise, the rest of the team that work first hand with him is also being celebrated, they all are.

Kyle smiles and stops walking, as he looks at the multitude of people that has gathered, and between them all, he spots Dr. Ramney and Dr. Melton.

Yes, they are back from their trips, while Melton tries to make his way through the multitude, Kyle takes that time to continue walking towards the Peds Floor. Once he gets there he settles in, he puts everything on its place and asks "What do we have for today?"

A Pediatric Doctor looks up from his computer and smiles at him "We have two labors schedule for today, both are high risk, one of them has only 27 weeks of gestation and the other one 24, they wanted one of us to cover those" Kyle nods in agreement and claps his hands "Say no more, I'll head down to the OB floor now"

As he turns around and heads towards the elevators he runs into Doctor Ramney and Melton, Doctor Ramney extends his hand "Well, well, well if it isn't the man who I may have to hand my job to if I'm not careful"
Kyle returns the gesture and shakes his hand "Doctors" he then continues walking

Doctor Melton turns around "Wait, that's all you have to say? Aren't you going to ask me how Brazil was?" Kyle looks over his shoulder "Sorry Doctor Melton, but I don't have much time to chat, I have to cover OB today" Kyle continues walking and hits the elevator buttons, meanwhile, both doctors stare at him, Doctor Melton whispers at Doctor Ramney "Is it me or is he colder than usual"

Doctor Ramney narrows his eyes "What? No, he must be eager to get back to his regular schedule, diagnosing is exhausting as hell, especially when you have the entire hospital breathing down your neck and pressuring you because they don't trust you although they made it seem as if they did in the beginning" Doctor Melton scratches the back of his head "I don't know, something seemed off with him"

Doctor Ramney claps him on his shoulder "Andrew, LET IT GO, if you think something is up, don't go looking for it, he'll come talk to you when he fills like it, until then, let him be"

🌪

Down on the OB floor Kyle introduces himself to the patients along with the rest of the team, they start prepping the first case, he calls up to the NICU to get a bed prepared prepare for the first baby.

After a few hours both babies are born and rushed to the NICU where Kyle will be monitoring them until they are hopefully released.

🌪

While Kyle sits at his office with the door open Malcom comes up and knocks "Hey you!" Kyle looks up "hello my friend" Malcolm steps in with a devilish smile "So, I was thinking, how about we get out of here and go celebrating tonight?" Kyle squints at him "What are we celebrating?" Malcolm sits on the chair in front of him "Your triumph, and Sam and Tatiana's engagement"

Kyle rotates and tilts his head slightly to the right "Wait Tatiana and Samantha got engaged? how come no one called me to tell me" Melton walks into the office uninvitedly, Kyle glances over Malcolm's shoulder, Malcolm responds to him "well, I don't know if you've realized but you weren't the most easy pf people to get a hold off" Kyle huffs  "I mean you could of FaceTime me at least, I didn't even know they got engage"

Malcolm stands from his chair "Kyle, you wanted your space and we gave it to you, you can't get angry or assume this was something more than just that, now, are we up for tonight?" Kyle puta his pen down "Alright fine, but only for a little bit, I have two new patients that I have to focus on now"