𓆙 Chapter Four 𓆙

3rd Person POV:

The Tenshi Bridge wasn't much to look at. It was a simple work of wood placed across a fairly deep chasm. The area was surrounded by a forest, the leaves shaking violently as the wind picked up.

In any other situation, the scene would be pleasant; maybe even romantic in some sense.

But Y/n was tense, and so were their teammates.

The team had already worked out how the situation would play out when the spy arrived in a simulation, but that didn't make anyone any less cautious.

While Sai used drawings of rats to scout the area and determine that they were not about to be ambushed by the Akatsuki, the team still didn't know exactly who they were dealing with.

That was nerve wracking in and of itself.

"Is this guy coming or not?" Naruto suddenly voiced out, interrupting the silence.

"There!" Sai pointed across the bridge at a hooded figure that was making its way to the bridge.

Captain Yamato walked onto the bridge as the figure waited in the middle. It was a slow passing of time, watching him saunter over the wooden planks.

Y/n could only narrow their eyes and patiently wait for something to happen.

The Yamato and the hooded person met in the middle, and exchanged a few words.

Y/n couldn't hear well over the wind, but made sure to pay close attention when the person took hold of their hood, removing it from their head and finally showing their face.

"Kabuto..It's just Kabuto.." Y/n spectated from a distance, as they narrowed their eyes, "Kabuto may be annoying and a little shit, but he was someone the team could deal with."

"What's he doing? Why isn't he grabbing him?!" Naruto hissed out.

"His opponent is Kabuto. Being overly cautious is just fine. It's all over if he gets away, right?" Sakura whispered.

"But if he's too cautious, he could be found out..." Sai added, "Our timing to capture him will be thrown off."

"It looks like our timing is already off..." Y/n murmured.

The three looked at them in question and confusion.

Y/n narrowed their eyes at the exchange on the bridge.

"Kaburamaru informed me that Kabuto's already getting suspicious...He can see it in his face, or more specifically; his eyes. And if I know anything about Kabuto, it's that he's a two-timing rat. He can't be trusted, even as Sasori's spy." Y/n stated stiffly, Kaburamaru popping out from around their shoulder and nodding his head in agreement.

"...You think Orochimaru is here." Sakura observed.

Naruto visibly stiffened at this revelation.

"It's a possibility...Either way, we need to be prepared for anything, because even if Orochimaru isn't planning a surprise attack; Kabuto is still here, and he's a piece of work all by himself. Capturing him won't be easy. It's gonna get annoying." Y/n hissed out.

The trio nodded before turning their faces back to the duo on the bridge.

They watched as Kabuto held out his hand, seemingly asking for something, but they knew Yamato didn't have it.

Instead, he took out a kunai.

Naruto was ready to jump into attack just at the sight of it, but Y/n instinctively stopped him with a hand in his way.

"Wait, Naruto." Was the only thing Y/n said, before Orochimaru appeared behind Kabuto in a puff of smoke.

Kabuto took a glance at Y/n, before jumping away. You felt your heart skip a beat.

He knew where you were.

This was strange until a couple words were exchanged and Kabuto's hand lit up in blue and he cut straight into Yamato's disguise, destroying it.

Yamato jumped away, and before Orochimaru's snakes could grab him. He planted a substitution, landing in a crouch a few feet away.

TBC...