meeting three heroes

"to cover up your tracks we had to make a fake profile."

I lift my gaze up and look at him confused. He hands me a SHIELD file and I open it and realize what he was talking about. They made a fake file about me. It has a photo of me which looked like the one from my college ID. It even had a fake background of my life. from fake birthday to a fake hometown and where I lived and what I was doing before I was found by SHIELD. And fake parent's name too. If it wasn't about me I would have totally believed in it because it was so detailed.

"it's....impressive....." I tell him. And read further.

".....got lost from friends while camping and lost consciousness due to dehydration before being found. Really?"

'why does it sounds like it would definitely happen to me though.'

"well this was the most convincing way to show what a teenager with normal background was doing in middle of nowhere."

"then what are you gonna tell about me coming here again?"

"read it till end."

I look back at the file and read ahead to check and there it was.

Exceptionally good at nuclear thermodynamics. Possible asset for future.

"Ohh. I get it now. But I don't actually have to do some lab work, do I? I'm actually pretty bad at it." I whisper the final line."

"it's just a cover up."

"cool. So does that mean I don't have to keep hiding in this office?"

"yes. But you can't be alone. I'll have someone look out for you."

"who?"

"Agent Romanoff."

"NATASHA?" I say excitedly louder than I should have.

"you know her?"

"hell yeah, I love her. And she's one of few people I trust here. Just in case."

He raises his eyebrows a little before nodding lightly. After few seconds I hear someone's footsteps approaching us, I look behind and see black widow coming towards us. I feel all my tension melting away as I see her in person. My big smile is visible on my face as she reaches us.

"need my help, boss?"

"agent Romanoff, let me introduce to Diya Solanki. I want you to look after her for a while."

She turns to me with an interrogating look. And looks back at Fury,

"you want me to babysit now?"

"she's new here, needs someone to show her the ways here. just keep her with you til further instructions"

She smiles with a raised eyebrow and turns to me again,

"well, what are we waiting for then?"

I smile widely before standing up and following her outside. I was definitely being a little suspicious for smiling like this and making it look weird but I was trying my best to not stare at her like a crazy fangirl I am. Well, it wasn't working very well.

"so, why does Fury needs a child here?" she asks me still walking and not looking at me.

"w-well i-ts um I'm not a child. I-im a teen." She finally looks at me and shrugs before looking away again.

"that still doesn't answer my question."

'she'll probably catch me lying sooner or later but..'