Chapter Forty - Two

Chapter Forty - Two,

"What are you doing here Y/N? you still have one day off!" The chief asked while checking his files after he handcuffed a man next to him

"I want to leave Kim Taehyung's team! I don't want to work with him anymore..." You told him straight ahead, If you want to let go of Jungkook and everything that happened, you needed to start here....

The Chief looked at you for a second, up and down then shook his head in disappointment, only to go back to his files, "Detective Kim, You didn't even work with him for two months and you are already requesting something like that? No one is comfortable with their partners at first you just need to-"

"I don't want that!" You coldly answered.

"And I don't want to listen to your request, as you can see I am with a suspect now, which means I am working. You are staying with Kim Taehyung until further notice!" He gave you a fake smile, "The decision is made so don't e-"

"Sir, I shouldn't be a suspect, I am innocent!" the man decided to talk now.

"I know. You're the 43rd innocent person I've booked this week!" The chief sarcastically said to the man, ignoring you again.

You cleared your throat and said again. "20"

"What again?" Your boss turned his attention to you.

"I will solve twenty cases of the unsolved ones, the most difficult......... in ten days!" You added.

He raised his eyebrows, confused but then shook his head and looked at the suspect again, "Please make this easier for me-"

"25" Fine......... you want to do it this way, alright. " Will you reconsider your decision if I solved 25 cases in ten days?" You looked at him exactly in the eyes and said. You didn't care if you'll work 24/7 if it means you won't have to deal with Taehyung, now that you know he was well aware of Jungkook's lies you don't think you can treat him the same.

"Humm I see that Taehyung really did piss you off!" He laughed. "We will both definitely get a raise if you did that Y/N ..........But it's still a no......... And.........I AM WORKING!" He shouted, totally ignoring you, probably didn't believe you were serious."....... Now tell me, where did you hide the jewelry?" He asked the man.

"I didn't steal no jewelry, Sir" The man interrupted you again. "I am innocent!" Lie.

"Well, that's not true!" You turned your attention to the man, "The cuts on your knuckles are straight, probably from smashing a window or a display case, but the ones on your fingertips, they're jagged." You added, "The kind you get from the sharpened edges, you been picking up precious stones sometime recently?" You looked at him and smiled then the chief when suddenly the room became silent.

Both the man and the chief's eyes widened.

"Here your case is solved, you aren't working!" You told the chief who sounded satisfied with the suspect's reaction when knowing he can't lie anymore. "How about a week, Sir?" You said again, this time he put his files down after he shook his head but a hint of a smile on his face.