Chapter 12

Y/n Woke up, the next day after his mom had visited, sadly though his apartment was empty. For a moment he thought it was all a dream, until he noticed something, the space next to him on the bed, the sheets were folded over, as if someone had woken up. There was a note on the counter as well, Justice had gone out for the day..."another lonely Monday then". he glanced out the window at the sun now well above the horizon. 

"FUCK" 

He was going to be late for work.

He had just barely made it to his floor on time, panting like a dog with mere seconds to spare. Looking around something was...off...he stared at it for so long that he didn't even notice the person standing right next to him.

"More white than usual?" the person said, nearly making Y/N jump, though he quickly realized it was just his friend, and only other IT guy, Jamie.

"Oh hey Jay" he gave a flat chuckle before looking back to the office "...Yeah I guess it is more white" It all felt so ominous, and the next thing Jamie said only made it worse.

"Welp, better late than never, the new boss wants to see you" he nudged Y/N "Good luck, don't get yourself killed, and just a warning, they're really weird" He teased as he walked back to his desk.

"...New...Boss..." He let out a sigh, 'Great first impression Y/N' he thought to himself as he went straight to the manager's room, the closed blinds did not weigh well in his mind. 

"Come in" a voice said from inside, before he had even touched the door. Y/N panicked and forced himself into the manager's room. "Pleasure to meet you Y/N, better late than never?" the woman standing in front of him looked almost militaristic, her hands linked behind her back, her white jacket, the cap on her desk...the yellow accents...black hair...blue eyes?

"Azazel?" Y/N reflexively muttered.

"What was that?" 

"ah...ahem no sorry, just...uh...you remind me of someone" his face flushed in nervousness, the sweat around his ears could boil, what in the world is going on. 

"Well, glad to see we have our second IT around, I've heard great things about you" 

"A-ah thank you...um-"

"I Guess all that's left now is to get to work then" she lowers herself into her seat as Y/N takes the hint and walks back out, going to sit at his desk. Next to Jamie in the corner the two had a whole view of the office floor. 

"Hey, look who's not dead" Jamie exclaimed as Y/N sat back down "Speaking of being dead..."

'oh god' Y/N thought

"...Where have you been man!" He leans forward in his seat "everyone's been worrying about you!" He shout whispers. 

"I was just a little sick alright I'm fine" Y/N tried to brush it off, though looking back at Jamie proved to him that it wasn't going to work this time. 

"C'mon man, you cant pull that shit again, you're gonna worry everyone like that"

"Fine..." He glanced around the office "...lunch break" Jamie's cheeks were pulled into a bright smile at this response.

"Can't wait" 

"So-" Jamie said as he put down his lunch, they were sitting in the small park across from the office, "-Spill, now, before this gets any worse" 

"I...I kinda got mugged, and maybe stabbed..." Y/N winced, seeing the exact face he expected from Jamie, "Dont worry I was fine, this girl saved me...and we went back to her place...and...." He started to realize how insane this would sound.

"...You're telling me, you got stabbed, saved, and popped in the same night?! I know you're not one to lie, so you must've gotten put under something funky in the ambulance" 

"No no no, I'm being honest, I swear" Y/N held his hands out. 

"Okay okay, I'll have to meet that girl then, want to make sure she's right for you, you know what! we should go out, introduce your new girl to the gang and we'll have some drinks now that you're okay!" Jamie said excitedly.

Y/N paused for a moment, he wasn't sure "Sh-She's not...I dunno...I'll have to ask her"

"Of course you would, jeez man communication is Number One in a relationship"

"Ah yeah you should know, with all that experience ruining them" Y/N quipped back.

"AH" he put his hand to his chest dramatically "I am appalled" the pair chuckled "Lets eat, I'll see you tomorrow night?" 

"Tomorrow night" Y/N nodded.

As Y/N walked back into his apartment he didn't notice anything at first, nothing was off, same slightly messy tiny apartment he knew and loved. Only after setting his stuff down and changing into something for comfortable  he noticed, where was Justice. 'Maybe she just will be home late?' he shook it off and went about his day, cleaning, cooking, and dinner, and his least favorite dinner yet, his mind was so swamped by worries he could barely eat. After cleaning up he fell into the couch, he felt himself fall away from the world his worries and rampant thoughts flew through his mind, colliding into a rampant slurry of the sinew of his mind. Until he was viciously yanked back into his place, the door opening was such a wake up call it almost gave him whiplash. He shot up and turned to the door, and there she was...thank god.

"Oh you're back!" he hopped up and walked over to her, giving her a tight hug, he felt like a dog to say the least. 

"Yeah, sorry, traffic was a little bad" she chuckled and, as if to confirm his feelings, ran her fingers through his hair a few times. "You tired?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to ask you something, "

"Then lets lay down, unless it cant wait?"

"I...no...I'll ask in the morning, just be here this time please"

"Of course" she whispered to him, leaning in to his ear "I'll always be here" She whispered into it, to him it was soothing, though to her, she couldn't speak a lie like that any louder.