Chapter twenty Nine- Nice Tats

Holy crap. I'm so sorry for not updating in forever. I've been so busy with college work this past month. I also had my first thanksgiving this year, which was really nice and now I have to start thinking about packing to go back home. This semester abroad has been such a fun experience for me, but I do miss England. 

Anyways, I'll try to update again sometime soon. Also the pics are of Josh's friends ^^^^

"Come on, doll. We're going out." I looked up from my phone and quickly hit send for the text to Caleb. Josh was lying on his back on the bed while I was sitting on the spin chair by his desk. He had been doing a lot better today in comparison to yesterday. All week he hadn't cracked a single joke, but today he had managed to get a few out.

"Where?" I asked.

"To a party." He sat up and turned, so now he was facing me. I stopped spinning on the chair and gave him a small smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay here? We could order pizza and watch a movie?" I didn't want to tell him how to grieve, it wasn't my place, but I knew drinking in this state wouldn't end well.

"We've been doing that all week." He deadpanned. "Look, you're leaving in 3 days, and god knows when I'll see you again, so for old time's sake, will you let me take you to this party?"

"Okay." I gave in. I knew I wouldn't be drinking. Someone had to look after him if he got into a mess.

A smile broke out on his face, and for the first time this week, it looked genuine. He got up from the bed and clapped his hands before rubbing them together, still smiling like the Cheshire cat. "Great, now did you bring any party clothes?"

I frowned at his question. Why would I pack party clothes? I looked down at my ripped black jeans and flower vans. I guess I could see if I packed a cute top and wear that.

"I'll take that as a no. Just wear one of my tops as a dress, and you'll be sorted."

"But it's cold here," I whined and got up from the chair. I wasn't lying about it being cold. I knew it would be colder than California, but I underestimated just how cold it would be.

He rolled his eyes and opened his closet door gesturing for me to look inside. "So? Wear one of my jackets over it."

I walked into his closet and raked through his clothes until my eyes stopped on a black Metallica t-shirt. It looked like it was big enough to be a dress, plus it would pair nicely with one of his denim jackets.

I pulled the fabric off the hanger and turned to face him. He nodded his head as soon as he saw what I was holding. I walked past him and went straight to my duffel bag, shuffling through before I found a pair of black cotton shorts so that I was wearing something underneath.

Accidentally flashing strangers would be a nightmare I wouldn't be able to live down.

Once I had gotten changed, I pulled my hair out of the bun and brushed it into a low ponytail at the base of my neck. Personally, I wouldn't have thought of this outfit for a party at home, but somehow, I had managed to pull it off.

The only thing I needed was some hoop earrings, and then I would look like one of those shein models.

I was in the middle of adding a little bit of makeup when Josh walked out of the closet. He was wearing his usual black jeans and had swapped his anti-social social club t-shirt for a baggy grey sweater with a brand logo in the corner.

I watched in my eyeshadow pallet mirror as he grabbed a black cap and put it on backward, keeping his hair out of his face now that it had grown out a bit.