Chapter 58

Averys Pov:

| 20h December | Thursday |

It's been three days since the accident and I barely left the hospital. I didn't go to school since Monday and only went to my dorm to get new clothes or to shower.

Whenever I went back to the dorm Connor was here. He also was here most of the time. Unlike me he goes to classes but when he does he barely listens.

"Avery, haven't you slept at all?" Cara says, while handing me a coffee and I shake my head.

Cara has been here often too. It's either her or Miche. They switches every two days, so the other can rest at home then.

"Thank you." I mumble with a yawn as I take the coffee and take a sip.

"I can't sleep. These past few days have been hell for me. I don't want to miss the moment of her waking up." I add and she gives me a soft smile.

"You don't know how happy I am that Victoria has you." She tells me, which makes me smile widly.

"Oh and also I talked with mine and your family and celebrating Christmas will work." She says and I slightly gasp at that.

"That's great! Thank you so much." I say and she smiles at me.

But then I suddenly feel my hand softly getting squeezed, making me immediately look at Victoria.

"Vic?" I call her but she only groans while laying her head on the side a little.

"Everything hurts." She quietly murmurs, so I carefully put my free hand on her cheek.

"I know, baby. I know." I say soflty as I start to tear up.

"Don't cry." Victoria breaths out as she gently squeezes my hand again.

"I could've lost you! Let me cry." I reply with a pout, making her chuckle.

But she squeezes her eyes together at that. "Try not to laugh if it hurts." I tell her, on which she snorts.

"Kinda difficult."

"Mom?" She's now looking away from me and to her mom.

"Hey, darling." Cara says softly as she walks over to us.

"How bad is it?" Vic asks while leaning into my touch when I start to brush my thumb over her cheek.

"Well..you have a broken leg, broken ribs and some bad bruises." She answers, on which she sighs.

"Am I gonna get our before Christmas? Wait..what day is it?" She asks curiously.

"You have been sleeping for three days. And I guess we'll have to ask the doctor." I tell her, making her look at me with wide eyes.

"Three days?! Aves, I'm so sorry." She says but I shake my head.

"Don't apologize. You saved my life." I respond and then leans in to kiss her forhead.

"Please kiss me. I haven't gone a day without kissing you since we've been together." Victoria tells me and I smile widly before leaning down to softly kiss her.

"I love you." She whispers and I can't help but start crying more.

"I love you too." I say with a shaky voice and she slowly lifts her hand to wipe my tears away.

"Marry me." She suddenly says, making my eyes widen.

"W-What?"

Victoria starts to chuckle before smiling at me and then putting some of my hair behind my ear. "Promise you'll marry me one day." She adds and I start to blush, so I bury my face in her neck.

"So?" I hear her ask again, making me lift my head.

I press my lips against hers and when I pull away I find her smirking up at me. "I promise." I tell her, on which she starts to smile widely.

"I'll get the doctor." We hear Cara say and when we look at her she has a big smile on her face.

She then leaves the room and I get up from the chair and sit down on the bed. Victoria then starts to scoot over, so I stop her.

"Lay with me." She tells me, making my face soften.

So I lay down next to her and turn on my side to look at her. "Can I?" I ask as I lift my arm to lay it over her waist.

Victoria nods at that, so I immediately lay my arm over her waist and bury my face into her arm.

"I missed this so much.." I mumble into her arm.

"Me too."